2013-2014 NFL Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 3, 2013 -> 09:45 AM)
BJ Raji is going to be a free agent, The Bears can sign him. I will drive him to the airport.

Unless you have a replacement DT, that would seriously hurt the Packers. You may not like him but their run defense is vastly worse without him.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 3, 2013 -> 09:14 AM)
Unless you have a replacement DT, that would seriously hurt the Packers. You may not like him but their run defense is vastly worse without him.

It will be fine without him. He isn't good. He hasn't been good in two years. Packers will let him walk and their run defense will get better.

Johnny Jolly being out of the league for three years and CJ Wilson a 7th round draft pick are far better run stoppers.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 3, 2013 -> 06:15 AM)
ESPN spent most of that game last night drooling over how loud the stadium was, but couldn't be bothered to mention that like half the Seahawks team has tested positive for PED's.

Their two starting cornerbacks were suspended for the game and they still held Brees to 147 passing yards.

Nothing seems to get this team down, including the distractions all week over suspension news for cornerbacks Walter Thurmond and Brandon Browner. Backups had to step up in the secondary against a great quarterback in Drew Brees.

via

Edited by BigSqwert

Last night proved that the NBA is right to keep a team from Seattle. It's a shame they provide such worthless, lifeless fans for their NFL and MLS teams while Charlotte has the turnout that they do for their NBA/NFL teams.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 3, 2013 -> 10:59 AM)
Last night proved that the NBA is right to keep a team from Seattle. It's a shame they provide such worthless, lifeless fans for their NFL and MLS teams while Charlotte has the turnout that they do for their NBA/NFL teams.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I see what you did there.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Dec 6, 2013 -> 02:02 AM)
I kept thinking that... Without looking up the stats I would think he has to be 10 ten.

There are a whole f***ton of great wide receivers who would have insane numbers if their careers took place in the past 5 years...that's one position it's really hard to adjust for.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 6, 2013 -> 07:59 AM)
There are a whole f***ton of great wide receivers who would have insane numbers if their careers took place in the past 5 years...that's one position it's really hard to adjust for.

Exactly. In this new pass first era, I'd have to think that almost all of the passing/recieving records are going to broken by somebody. Even 10-12 years ago, 4000 yards in a season was the bench mark of the top quarterbacks. Now that is pretty much the standard with the top QBs passing for closer to 5000 or more. All those passing yards have to go to somebody. Its just really hard to compare todays recievers of the past couple generations (Tim Brown, Cris Carter, Sterling Sharpe, etc.) Its really almost like apples and oranges. And even though he played in a prior generation, I would have loved to see the numbers that Sterling Sharpe would have ended up with had he been able to play with Favre in Favre's prime. Sharpe was an absolute beast.

Edited by lasttriptotulsa

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Dec 6, 2013 -> 09:51 AM)
Exactly. In this new pass first era, I'd have to think that almost all of the passing/recieving records are going to broken by somebody. Even 10-12 years ago, 4000 yards in a season was the bench mark of the top quarterbacks. Now that is pretty much the standard with the top QBs passing for closer to 5000 or more. All those passing yards have to go to somebody. Its just really hard to compare todays recievers of the past couple generations (Tim Brown, Cris Carter, Sterling Sharpe, etc.) Its really almost like apples and oranges. And even though he played in a prior generation, I would have loved to see the numbers that Sterling Sharpe would have ended up with had he been able to play with Favre in Favre's prime. Sharpe was an absolute beast.

I loved watching those Bills teams of the 90's. Andre Reed can't get into the HOF right now despite clearly being a HOF player if you watched how he tore teams up. If you put him in the last decade his numbers would be ridiculous.

And then of course there's the fantasy of Jerry Rice playing in this era. My lord, I wonder if he could drop a 30 TD season somewhere along the line.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 6, 2013 -> 07:55 AM)
So how good is Andre Johnson in terms of all time great WR's?

I give him extra respect for having such crappy QBs his entire career. Even Fitz had some prime warner years (though Schaub obviously better than some of the crap Johnson had).

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Dec 6, 2013 -> 03:51 PM)

On the other hand, I feel like Johnson is one person who is comparable. He has been on a pretty traditional offense for years, essentially as their only passing threat. And he is always open.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Dec 6, 2013 -> 08:51 AM)

Both Sharpes were absolute beasts. Shannon was amazing, imagine if he was utilized just like Gronk? Sterlings neck injury was a damn shame

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 6, 2013 -> 09:20 AM)
Both Sharpes were absolute beasts. Shannon was amazing, imagine if he was utilized just like Gronk? Sterlings neck injury was a damn shame

I always respected Shannon as an amazing player, but never really like him as I thought he was kind of a loud mouth, arrogant d-bag. He did gain a lot of respect from me after his HOF speech when he said "I'm the only player, of 267 men that walked through this building to my left, that can honestly say this: I'm the only pro football player that's in the Hall of Fame, and I'm the second best player in my own family."

Edited by lasttriptotulsa

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Dec 6, 2013 -> 09:44 AM)
I always resptected Shannon as an amazing player, but never really like him as I thought he was kind of a loud mouth, arrogant d-bag. He did gain a lot of respect from me after his HOF speech when he said "I'm the only player, of 267 men that walked through this building to my left, that can honestly say this: I'm the only pro football player that's in the Hall of Fame, and I'm the second best player in my own family."

LOL, and that hasnt changed

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 6, 2013 -> 10:38 AM)
Sterling Sharpe was going to be in the Hall of Fame. He was going to play another 5 or 6 years with Brett Favre throwing to him.

Probably would of had another 50 td's.

I still think at some point he gets in the Hall. He seems to have more and more support as the years go on.