2013-2014 NFL Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 9, 2013 -> 10:39 PM)
The Bears scored on every possession tonight except the last one (on-side kick). Pretty amazing.

The Bears would be idiots to sit McCown even if Cutler is healthy. This offense is a thing of beauty right now.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Dec 9, 2013 -> 10:43 PM)
The Bears would be idiots to sit McCown even if Cutler is healthy. This offense is a thing of beauty right now.

They scored 20 on Minnesota in OT last week and 21 two weeks ago against the Rams.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves quite yet. Although Cutler would have to be 110% Derrick Rose healthy before I started him again. Don't want to see another second half like the Lions game.

Hell of a game. It's amazing to finally see a Bears offense with this many playmakers. Alshon Jeffery should be a Bear for a long time.

I fear that the Vikings game last week is going to haunt us. These last 3 games are not easy, but definitely could have a chance to win all 3. Still need some outside help, but if the Bears can win out, I think they get in.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 9, 2013 -> 11:52 PM)
Yet I am sure ESPN will somehow blame Romo for this loss.

Don't worry, ESPN and idiots on twitter are all over Romo, saying he choked somehow, saying how bad he sucks in December, ignoring how bad his defense is the fact that since 2009 he has 30 TD and 5 INT in December. Romo is probably the most underrated QB in football when you factor in how bad he is hated and treated for no reason. He gets credit for nothing, blame for everything.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 9, 2013 -> 11:45 PM)
Don't worry, ESPN and idiots on twitter are all over Romo, saying he choked somehow, saying how bad he sucks in December, ignoring how bad his defense is the fact that since 2009 he has 30 TD and 5 INT in December. Romo is probably the most underrated QB in football when you factor in how bad he is hated and treated for no reason. He gets credit for nothing, blame for everything.

Romo didn't play well tonight. There were throws he should have made to keep the Cowboys at least in the game. Instead, they had a few crucial three and outs that shouldn't have happened.

All the Cowboys had to do was run with DeMarco Murray all night and this game would have been a hell of a lot closer. Instead, they chose to throw the ball too many times on crucial downs.

That said, you can't blame Romo for this loss. He could have played like Peyton Manning and they still would have lost because of the defense.

Edited by chw42

I'm not saying the Bears should outbid everybody else for Cutler and/or ruin their cap space to keep him, but he's definitely a better option than McCown. I love what Josh has done, but Cutler is still a better passer and is far more mobile.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Dec 9, 2013 -> 11:37 PM)
Hell of a game. It's amazing to finally see a Bears offense with this many playmakers. Alshon Jeffery should be a Bear for a long time.

I fear that the Vikings game last week is going to haunt us. These last 3 games are not easy, but definitely could have a chance to win all 3. Still need some outside help, but if the Bears can win out, I think they get in.

As McCown plays better and better, that Lions game will forever grind my gears. It was obvious from kickoff that Cutler wasn't 100% and he shouldn't have been out there. That game is the killer with the tiebreakers and the defense played really well and kept them in the game.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Dec 9, 2013 -> 06:08 PM)
I expect not to be last against the run. I get injuries but to be a sieve is another matter.

My biggest issue is the poor tackling. DeCamillis is a joke too. He has no excuse and needs to be fired immediately and the Bears need to bring in someone who really has a history of defensive excellence. Depending on who the Texans hire, I would be all over Wade Phillips.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 08:40 AM)
My biggest issue is the poor tackling. DeCamillis is a joke too. He has no excuse and needs to be fired immediately and the Bears need to bring in someone who really has a history of defensive excellence. Depending on who the Texans hire, I would be all over Wade Phillips.

Wade Phillips as ST coach? I dont think he will be taking a step back from DC to be a ST coach. The Texans may suck, but IIRC their defense is still top 5. Im sure many teams will be looking for him as a DC if the Texans dont hang on to him