2013-2014 NFL Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (scs787 @ Dec 11, 2013 -> 01:27 PM)
Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 11 Dec

So barring something unexpected, Trestman clear #Bears will start Jay Cutler vs #Browns on Sunday.

Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 11 Dec

But Trestman is leaving decision on QB open because he wants to see how he performs in workout later today, maybe see how he feels Thursday

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Dec 11, 2013 -> 04:58 PM)
You have a very important decision to make regarding Cutler and next year. Wouldn't it make sense to play your (as of now) franchise QB when he's healthy to help you make that decision?

Not when you're in the middle of a playoff race. And not when your offense has been playing pretty well.

If he plays, he better have a short ass leash.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Dec 11, 2013 -> 04:58 PM)
You have a very important decision to make regarding Cutler and next year. Wouldn't it make sense to play your (as of now) franchise QB when he's healthy to help you make that decision?

He just better be 110% healthy. (Insert D Rose joke here)

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 11, 2013 -> 05:02 PM)
Not win you're in the middle of a playoff race. And not when your offense has been playing pretty well.

If he plays, he better have a short ass leash.

This team isn't going anywhere even if they make the playoffs. Unless you've already decided to cut ties with Cutler and rely on a journeyman QB playing out of his mind, you need to get as much as you can out of Cutler to make your evaluation.

Whats gonna (for lack of a better word) "suck" is after weeks of playing defenses ranked in the 20's and 30's against the pass Cutler is returning against the 9th ranked Browns who have only allowed 1 300 yard game all season (this past week, when Brady threw for 179 in the 4th Q). So chance are he doesn't put up McCown like numbers so you just know the meatheads will go off about the switch even more.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (scs787 @ Dec 11, 2013 -> 07:22 PM)
Whats gonna (for lack of a better word) "suck" is after weeks of playing defenses ranked in the 20's and 30's against the pass Cutler is returning against the 9th ranked Browns who have only allowed 1 300 yard game all season (this past week, when Brady threw for 179 in the 4th Q). So chance are he doesn't put up McCown like numbers so you just know the meatheads will go off about the switch even more.

With the receiving core that Jay has, he most certainly needs to put up those types of numbers. I reckon the Bears have the best 1-2-3 punch of receivers in the NFL!

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Dec 12, 2013 -> 11:03 AM)
With the receiving core that Jay has, he most certainly needs to put up those types of numbers. I reckon the Bears have the best 1-2-3 punch of receivers in the NFL!

1-2-3-4 if you add Forte's ability to catch out of the backfield

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Dec 12, 2013 -> 11:03 AM)

Is there any team in the NFL that would not give up their top RB, WR1 & WR2, & TE1 for the Bears' four? I'm saying straight up all four players, no substitutions.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 12, 2013 -> 05:11 PM)
Is there any team in the NFL that would not give up their top RB, WR1 & WR2, & TE1 for the Bears' four? I'm saying straight up all four players, no substitutions.

I don't know, not sure the Broncos feel a pinch for offensive talent.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 12, 2013 -> 11:11 AM)

If healthy, which is rare these days. The Packers wouldn't. Lacy-Nelson-Cobb and Finley. Throw James Jones in that mix also.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 12, 2013 -> 11:50 AM)
If healthy, which is rare these days. The Packers wouldn't. Lacy-Nelson-Cobb and Finley. Throw James Jones in that mix also.

Finley's injury is a major IF. I know how much you love Lacy and his age is a big factor vs Forte. But I don't think Rodgers would shed one tear if Cobb/Nelson were suddenly replaced by Jeffrey(ies)/Marshall.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Dec 11, 2013 -> 07:22 PM)

If Jay is worth $15 million a year, he should be able to do OK vs the 9th ranked defense in the same offense a journeyman can light up lesser defenses, or there is no point paying him that much.

Why is it there is always an excuse for Cutler? Everyone knows he has talent, and a lot more talent than McCown. The question is whether it is worth the difference in salary when the team is going to have a lot of issues to address.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Dec 12, 2013 -> 01:11 PM)
Cutler is the starter for Sunday's game

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000029...bears-on-sunday

Trestman better hope Cutler plays well against a good defense. If they lose and they eventually miss the playoffs, everyone is going to second guess why he took out the QB that had the offense rolling.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 12, 2013 -> 01:27 PM)
Trestman better hope Cutler plays well against a good defense. If they lose and they eventually miss the playoffs, everyone is going to second guess why he took out the QB that had the offense rolling.

He's not going to lose his job over it, so I doubt he'll care all that much.

edit: meaning that he wouldn't care about fans/media criticizing him for starting his franchise QB, not that he wouldn't care about losing games and missing the playoffs

Edited by StrangeSox