2013-2014 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Jake @ Mar 15, 2013 -> 09:00 PM)
For those who care about PFF, Roach wasn't looked upon fondly by them -- on the other hand, Urlacher last year was rated HORRIBLY. Might have been the worst rated player on the defense IIRC. Roach was closer to a neutral impact.

Right, IMO he is just a guy, not someone you should be slotting in to replace Urlacher. It's starting to look like this draft will be reloading the LB corps

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Mar 15, 2013 -> 06:33 PM)
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Vikings are giving Greg Jennings a five-year deal.

Saw this coming...If they can hit on their 2 1st rounders they could once again have the edge on the Bears.

Anybody else thing Jennings is due for a regression when he starts catching passes from Cassel/Ponder as opposed to Rodgers/Favre?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 15, 2013 -> 10:35 PM)
Anybody else thing Jennings is due for a regression when he starts catching passes from Cassel/Ponder as opposed to Rodgers/Favre?

He also has a running game now though.

That said, a regression from 36 receptions and 366 yards is fairly difficult to do.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 16, 2013 -> 10:06 AM)

That said, a regression from 36 receptions and 366 yards is fairly difficult to do.

I think the question isn't "will he regress". I think the question is "will he remain healthy?"

The last few years have not been kind to Jennings, a lot of nagging injuries. 8 games(or more) on that turf isn't going to make it better

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 16, 2013 -> 10:06 AM)

Fair point, but I was more referring to the average 73 catch 1150 yard season he had from 2008-2011.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 16, 2013 -> 05:56 PM)
Fair point, but I was more referring to the average 73 catch 1150 yard season he had from 2008-2011.

I think it will drop pretty far from that. You go from Rodgers to Ponder and the Vikings also run the ball 67 times a game.

I would think a line of 60-800-5 is more likely.

I think about some of the great catches Jennings had in the Super Bowl. Like the one on 3rd and long, Rodgers put it right on his finger tips. Ponder wouldn't even attempt throws like that.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 18, 2013 -> 10:27 AM)
To be honest, that isn't a bad deal at all. Sure he has some injury issues but that is relatively reasonable (especially the yrs).

I agree Rams did a good job.

lol the Rams did a good job?

Jake Long is a bum. The last few seasons have been injury plagued and downright poor play. You don't pay 9 million a season for someone who can barely stay healthy and is a shell of his former self. Honestly, no one should be paying 9 million for an offensive lineman. The only time they impact the game is when they don't do their job.

QUOTE (TRU @ Mar 19, 2013 -> 07:24 PM)
lol the Rams did a good job?

Jake Long is a bum. The last few seasons have been injury plagued and downright poor play. You don't pay 9 million a season for someone who can barely stay healthy and is a shell of his former self. Honestly, no one should be paying 9 million for an offensive lineman. The only time they impact the game is when they don't do their job.

That's the point. It's difficult to find lineman who do their job well and do it consistently. If you can find someone who can be as good as Jake Long has been in the past, they are worth it. If not, they took a calculated risk and I'm sure they're out of it after 2 years.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 19, 2013 -> 09:36 PM)
That's the point. It's difficult to find lineman who do their job well and do it consistently. If you can find someone who can be as good as Jake Long has been in the past, they are worth it. If not, they took a calculated risk and I'm sure they're out of it after 2 years.

Agreed. Football contracts are only good for headlines. Other than that, they are a joke.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 20, 2013 -> 06:59 AM)
Agreed. Football contracts are only good for headlines. Other than that, they are a joke.

I'd like to see how many players actually play out entire contracts that are 4 years or longer. I'd bet it's 50% or less.

I really hate the sun-times mobile site. I like reading Sean Jensen's articles he posts on twitter. But you can't log-in on my phone or tablet. And when typing in the password it keeps hiding the keyboard every five seconds.

Can't standya.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Mar 20, 2013 -> 11:13 AM)
He's just being honest. You can't put him out there on passing downs.

I'm not disagreeing. Just a blunt statement.

The more I hear, the more I really think the bears are actively trying to get Urlacher to leave/retire.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Mar 20, 2013 -> 04:13 PM)
He's just being honest. You can't put him out there on passing downs.

Which is just killer, b/c Urlacher's HOF value was his ability to block those middle of the field passing lanes with his speed and vertical. Just sucks seeing people get old.

QUOTE (Jake @ Mar 20, 2013 -> 02:46 PM)
Read option?

Yes please. Not as the base offense, but as an added package to get on film for opponents? Yeah that'd be pretty awesome.

Trestman is thinking of everything, I like it. Cutler isn't Wilson or Griffin but he does have wheels, and if you leave an open lane for him he'll run off 20 yards before your defense can recover. He only has to do this 2-3 times per game for it to be effective. I guess it's not really known that Cutler has above average athleticism because Tice ran a remedial first-grade offense, and moving the QB wasn't an integral part of the Martzfense. Cutler's best when he's on the move and not stationary reading defenses.