2013-2014 NFL Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 22, 2013 -> 06:50 PM)
I think Tomlin did the right thing. Running the clock down and all that involved too much risk to leave 7 points on the board at that point.

I think they could have handled it a little bit better though. 1:25 is a lot of time.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 22, 2013 -> 07:44 PM)
Why didn't the Steelers just run the clock down and kick a FG? Now they have to play defense...

It's equally questionable why the Pack didn't let them score when the Pack still had a TO.

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 22, 2013 -> 06:50 PM)
I think Tomlin did the right thing. Running the clock down and all that involved too much risk to leave 7 points on the board at that point.

Risk missing an extra point? 2 kneels? The chance they give up a td is way way higher than not making an extra point.

When the packers want you to score, it's the wrong move.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Dec 22, 2013 -> 07:54 PM)
The Bears could win the NFC N tonight. And uhhh, I don't know if anyone's noticed but the Cardinals have an outside shot at the playoffs. What's the tiebreaker between Seattle and Carolina look like for the #1 seed?

Carolina is 4-1 in the division, Seattle 3-2, I think that's the first tiebreaker if Seattle lost and Carolina won next week (they'd be tied in conference at that point).

QUOTE (G&T @ Dec 22, 2013 -> 06:54 PM)
It's equally questionable why the Pack didn't let them score when the Pack still had a TO.

I think they tried to, somebody didn't get the message though and tackled Bell at the 1.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 22, 2013 -> 06:56 PM)
Carolina is 4-1 in the division, Seattle 3-2, I think that's the first tiebreaker if Seattle lost and Carolina won next week.

Seattle beat Carolina so that's your tiebreaker.

EDIT: If the Niners, Panthers and Seahawks all tie, I do believe the Panthers are the 1 and Niners the 2.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Dec 22, 2013 -> 06:59 PM)
Unless Seattle doesn't win the NFCW.

They pretty much can't lose it in any situation where the Cardinals make the playoffs.

Arizona plays SF next week. The only way SF can win the division is if they beat Arizona.

Even then, there's a bunch of tiebreakers they have to look at.

Edited by chw42

They pretty much can't lose it in any situation where the Cardinals make the playoffs.

Arizona plays SF next week. The only way SF can win the division is if they beat Arizona.

Even then, there's a bunch of tiebreakers they have to look at.

Obviously, but assuming SF beats the Failons and the Bears win tonight, would that make the Bears the only NFC team in the playoff picture with nothing to play for week 17? They'd just be the 3 seed, end of story... right?

Kinda gives us a bye week which nobody else has the luxury of being able to do.

Edit- I just checked and I'm right. We'd own H2H against Philly/Dallas so no matter what: 3 seed. That could mean Arizona, which IMO will be tougher than you'd think,

Edited by DukeNukeEm