2013-2014 NFL Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 22, 2013 -> 06:41 PM)
The defense just needs some position to get a ton better to slow them down at all. Every play you can see where just one f***ing guy could have done something. Better LB play, better safety play, better DE play. Something

Tucker blows and so does Decamilis. Oh and forte pathetic. Jay pathetic too but not near as bad as the d, special teams and forte.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 22, 2013 -> 09:32 PM)
If the Bears play Cutler next week, I can pretty much guarantee a loss.

If Rodgers plays you can guarantee a loss...............I see the ESPN lovefest already greatest comeback in NFL history over the top crap.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 23, 2013 -> 03:34 AM)
Tucker blows and so does Decamilis. Oh and forte pathetic. Jay pathetic too but not near as bad as the d, special teams and forte.

I don't see how they can bring back Tucker. This looks like one of those games where a good college offense is playing a bad college defense.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 23, 2013 -> 04:36 AM)
Please put McCown in. This is hard to watch.

I'd rather not risk McCown getting hurt for next week. Also, the last thing Trestman probably wants is McCown to come in, throw for a few TDs, and then create a huge QB controversy.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 22, 2013 -> 09:35 PM)
I don't see how they can bring back Tucker. This looks like one of those games where a good college offense is playing a bad college defense.

Tucker's defense at Jacksonville was not very good.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 22, 2013 -> 09:36 PM)
I'd rather not risk McCown getting hurt for next week. Also, the last thing Trestman probably wants is McCown to come in, throw for a few TDs, and then create a huge QB controversy.

It wouldn't be hard to defend putting McCown it at this piont, especially with all the hits Jay is taking. You can defend it by Jay's s***ty play or by saying you're protecting him

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 22, 2013 -> 09:39 PM)
I am thinking all this trouble getting the ball snapped over the years that has been blamed on the coaching staff, might be misguided. It didn't happen with McCown.

Indeed. Only time I saw that happen was in McCown's first game

I think most fans knew ahead of time it could very well require over 40 points to win this thing. It is also fair to say that a competent offensive performance is also a fairly effective point prevention method as well

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 22, 2013 -> 07:42 PM)
I think most fans knew ahead of time it could very well require over 40 points to win this thing. It is also fair to say that a competent offensive performance is also a fairly effective point prevention method as well

They were down 21 0 and forte, d and Devin and Maynard put us in a bind. No one could have saved that.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 23, 2013 -> 04:43 AM)
Hard to put a lot on jay. He was done 3 scores before he could do much anything but none of it will matter. Jay looks awful lately but you are playing different down this much.

By no means does Cutler deserve the blame in this game. I just believe McCown has a better rhythm going with the offense right now.