2013-2014 NFL Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 22, 2013 -> 09:59 PM)
It will be interesting to see how Emery plans to fix this defense. They need help everywhere.

A huge factor that requires input from the defensive coaches is figuring out which guys are truly worthless, which have looked bad because of how bad the entire team defense has been, and which ones are likely to actually get better.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 22, 2013 -> 09:59 PM)
It will be interesting to see how Emery plans to fix this defense. They need help everywhere.

Draft will be nearly all defense and free agents they bring in will be defensive.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Dec 22, 2013 -> 10:02 PM)
Draft be nearly all defense and free agents they bring in will be defensive.

Unless something really impressive happens in 7 days, I expect a QB to be drafted as well.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 22, 2013 -> 10:03 PM)
Over/under on Eddie Lacy rushing yards next week? I say 185 if Flynn starts, 130 if Rodgers starts

Flip the QBs around. Rodgers defintely helps spread the defense enough to not stack 8 in the box for Lacy.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 22, 2013 -> 10:06 PM)
I hope you're being sarcastic.

I thought it was obvious.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Dec 22, 2013 -> 10:08 PM)
Flip the QBs around. Rodgers defintely helps spread the defense enough to not stack 8 in the box for Lacy.

stacking 8 in the box doesn't help with this defense. With Rodgers they will throw it some, with Flynn, run run run.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 22, 2013 -> 10:10 PM)
Better now than next week with the division on the line

The division means little. Whatever Trestman thinks is necessary to figure out who next year's QB should be is what he should be doing

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 22, 2013 -> 10:09 PM)
stacking 8 in the box doesn't help with this defense. With Rodgers they will throw it some, with Flynn, run run run.

He will still have even bigger run potential however. Lacy was averaging way more YPC when Rodgers was in. He's getting in the end zone more nowadays cause they have to run the ball more with Aaron out.