2013-2014 NFL Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah yeah, James Starks is a fine backup and he'll easily put 200+ on this travesty of a run defense.

edit: Prep yourself for laughter at watching Bostic jumping out of the running lane and behind the seal seemingly on purpose to open up a 20 yard gain to lead to Conte running benny hill style behind Starks. It's a hoot.

Edited by bmags

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 23, 2013 -> 09:10 AM)
Yeah yeah, James Starks is a fine backup and he'll easily put 200+ on this travesty of a run defense.

edit: Prep yourself for laughter at watching Bostic jumping out of the running lane and behind the seal seemingly on purpose to open up a 20 yard gain to lead to Conte running benny hill style behind Starks. It's a hoot.

Putting Conte and Benny Hill together is genius.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Dec 23, 2013 -> 08:41 AM)
Oh you can always sabotage yourself, but the structure of the NBA draft really punishes the middle-of-the-pack teams because of the lottery aspect.

Well the nature of the NBA itself does that. If you don't have a superstar player, you have almost 0% chance of winning. We've talked about it before, but the last team to win with no real superstar talent was Detroit, and that team still had Chauncey Billups, Rasheed Wallace, Rip Hamilton, Ben Wallace, Tayshaun Prince, and quite a few solid role players too. So, unless you can find and develop a superstar player in the mid 1st, you have to tank to get back to being a respectable team.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 23, 2013 -> 09:10 AM)

If you think Conte is bad, make sure to watch M.D Jennings on the Packers. He will be the guy lost in coverage and missing every tackle, ever.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Dec 23, 2013 -> 09:25 AM)
If Jay loses next week, he better give Chicago a big discount.

It won't be his fault. If the Bears only score 20 against Minnesota, it proves McCown isn't as good as his numbers. If they only score 11 vs. Philadelphia, it shows Jay didn't get enough help.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 23, 2013 -> 03:11 PM)
LOL at you guys who think the Bears can catch lighting in a bottle and do something in the playoffs. That defense is terrible and it's not going to suddenly stop being terrible.

I just want to be in the playoffs. I want Brandon Marshall to get into the playoffs. Three years in a row of being 1 win away is just brutal.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 23, 2013 -> 03:28 PM)
It is so aggravating to see how unprepared the team was in all three phases yesterday. Nobody came to play

Barring the Hester fumble I thought our ST was finally decent!

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 23, 2013 -> 09:28 AM)
It is so aggravating to see how unprepared the team was in all three phases yesterday. Nobody came to play

Yeah it was the epitome of a curb stomp. A meaningless game for Philly and one that could've helped Chicago tremendously.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 23, 2013 -> 09:27 AM)
It won't be his fault. If the Bears only score 20 against Minnesota, it proves McCown isn't as good as his numbers. If they only score 11 vs. Philadelphia, it shows Jay didn't get enough help.

Nothing like comparing a 3-point OT loss to a 43 point loss.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 23, 2013 -> 09:30 AM)
Barring the Hester fumble I thought our ST was finally decent!

Really? The first punt of the game went 25 yards. The first two ST plays effectively put 14 points on the board for the Eagles

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 23, 2013 -> 09:35 AM)
I think I black out every time podlesh comes on the field.

The sad thing is they tried out Punters after week 4 because his performance was so bad against the Lions, and nobody beat him out.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 23, 2013 -> 04:37 PM)
Really? The first punt of the game went 25 yards. The first two ST plays effectively put 14 points on the board for the Eagles

Decamillis sets a pretty low bar. And this time, while it "led" to TDs, ultimately the defense didn't have to give up 7 in both scenarios.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 23, 2013 -> 09:27 AM)

I think Jay could have played the game of his life and they probably wouldn't have won. Giving up 300 yards on the ground and 47 points on defense doesn't usually result in wins. Jay didn't play well, but I think it's fair to say he didn't get enough help.

McCown had a 115 passer rating against the Vikings and only scored 20. Something doesn't add up there. His two TDs were a 46 yard TD by Jeffry (ridiculous catch) and an 80 yard TD by Jeffry. He can move the sticks pretty well because he's patient and doesn't mind checking down. He won't lose you many games with bad throws, but he won't win you many with his throws either. With how bad the Bears defense is they need a guy that can win you a game with his arm.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 23, 2013 -> 09:39 AM)
Decamillis sets a pretty low bar. And this time, while it "led" to TDs, ultimately the defense didn't have to give up 7 in both scenarios.

I am by no means absolving the defense

QUOTE (Boogua @ Dec 23, 2013 -> 04:41 PM)
I think Jay could have played the game of his life and they probably wouldn't have won. Giving up 300 yards on the ground and 47 points on defense doesn't usually result in wins. Jay didn't play well, but I think it's fair to say he didn't get enough help.

McCown had a 115 passer rating against the Vikings and only scored 20. Something doesn't add up there. His two TDs were a 46 yard TD by Jeffry (ridiculous catch) and an 80 yard TD by Jeffry. He can move the sticks pretty well because he's patient and doesn't mind checking down. He won't lose you many games with bad throws, but he won't win you many with his throws either. With how bad the Bears defense is they need a guy that can win you a game with his arm.

No, Jay couldn't have won the game. But the d score was worse by our 3 and outs. And really the issue and why I'm so annoyed by his play was this was a game we knew the offense could not get behind schedule. Yet they came out with three and outs and bad throws and drops.

And worse is when Jay gets behind it brings out bad Jay so easily. He holds onto the ball longer, he starts firing ball to Marshall in double coverage, he gets sacked and fumbles from both of these. Basically if we fall behind by more than 10 he ditches the offense. But you are right, McCown uses our offense to work the ball up and down the field beautifully. But his lack of arm kills us in red zone.