2013-2014 NFL Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another great series by the D. Tucker has stepped up IMO

Honestly they're playing alright. But mistakes like that fumble are inexcusable, especially in a game like this. I don't think its reason to keep Tucker at all. He's established his uselessness.

Edit= the special teams though. I mean, that drop off there is unprecedented.

Edited by DukeNukeEm

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 29, 2013 -> 04:56 PM)
Well, he probably would be able to if he played his best QB on the season.

It looked like they were finally going to get something going in that last drive, then Alshon fumbled...

Tucker deserves no credit at all. Packers already have 11 first downs, could have had more if it wasn't for the fluke interception Rodgers threw, and we are playing against a QB returning from an 8 week injury and a banged up RB. Bears still couldn't stop the Packers from moving the chain nor force any three and outs.

Look no further, our run defense is still historically bad, Tucker is good as gone.

Edited by thxfrthmmrs

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Dec 29, 2013 -> 04:40 PM)
Don't crucify me for saying this, but letting Urlacher walk was letting ego supercede sense. Say whatever you want about him, he led the D on the field and I doubt they'd be so lazy out there with him.

Lol no. This is terrible thinking, Urlacher was done, his knee is shot

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Dec 29, 2013 -> 04:49 PM)
It's exactly the coach's fault when his players are making terrible plays like that.

They're professionals!!!! How many years have they been playing?! Does an NFL defensive coordinator really have to remind his team to keep playing until the whistle blows?

And how many of these guys played for Lovie? Did they suddenly forget everything he taught them? I mean come on man. That was basic football.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 29, 2013 -> 05:02 PM)
They're professionals!!!! How many years have they been playing?! Does an NFL defensive coordinator really have to remind his team to keep playing until the whistle blows?

And how many of these guys played for Lovie? Did they suddenly forget everything he taught them? I mean come on man. That was basic football.

I think that says a lot about Tucker.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 29, 2013 -> 05:03 PM)

You're right, he should have told all of these old guys to f*** off, we're playing my brand of defense. Instead he caved to the veterans who promptly got hurt for the season/majority of the season. Tucker is about 20th on the list of problems with the Bears defense.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 29, 2013 -> 05:03 PM)

What? What does it say? It says his players are morons. An NFL coach should not have to remind his players how to play basic defense. "Hey guys, remember to tackle! Hey guys, remember you have to get the guy to the ground before he's down!" I mean seriously, find a different scapegoat.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 29, 2013 -> 05:02 PM)

I know you think Lovie was horrible and should never deserve any credit for anything whatsoever.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 29, 2013 -> 06:06 PM)
What? What does it say? It says his players are morons. An NFL coach should not have to remind his players how to play basic defense. "Hey guys, remember to tackle! Hey guys, remember you have to get the guy to the ground before he's down!" I mean seriously, find a different scapegoat.

I think 2/3 of most coaches jobs are reminding players how to do the basics.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 29, 2013 -> 05:06 PM)

That wasn't what happened, but I know your hatred of Lovie is blinding you to how his defense really did swarm to every ball and pick up everything on the ground, even obvious incompletions.