2013-2014 NFL Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 29, 2013 -> 05:21 PM)
You did a decent job of leaving out the 130+ passing Yards Rodgers had in the first half. The Bears gave up ~200 yards in that half, which is pretty poor and about what they've averaged much of the season (and the conditions play somewhat to the defense today). They did keep them out of the end zone I'll give them that...it wasn't a "terrible" first half, but it wasn't playing "well" either.

um, I'd take 260 yards passing for the game from Rodgers everyday of the week. And I'd take 400 yds against the Packers every day of the week too.

Nobody seriously wants Love back. That didn't work out, the great defense pitiful offense. Lovie was going to get worse as opposed to better (wed be picking #1 overall if we had the same coaching as last year). Certain things he preached though this team lacks, and a huge one is the tenacity to getting the football on D.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 29, 2013 -> 06:24 PM)
um, I'd take 260 yards passing for the game from Rodgers everyday of the week. And I'd take 400 yds against the Packers every day of the week too.

The Packers average 395 yards per game on the season...so basically you'd be content with an average game from the Packers.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Dec 29, 2013 -> 05:25 PM)
Nobody seriously wants Love back. That didn't work out, the great defense pitiful offense. Lovie was going to get worse as opposed to better (wed be picking #1 overall if we had the same coaching as last year). Certain things he preached though this team lacks, and a huge one is the tenacity to getting the football on D.

That's all anyone has really said

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Dec 29, 2013 -> 05:22 PM)
It's pretty idiotic to think how they played on every other play has anything to do with the lack of discipline on the one specific play that was being talked about.

And it's not absurd to think that a coach who had a pretty good track record when it came to guys swarming loose balls wouldn't have a problem with guys not swarming loose balls. Nobody was saying Lovie should still be here, or that this defense would be fantastic/good/not-terrible with him here. Just that on one particular play, he always coached his team well not to make the exact type of mistake that lead to an easy TD.

I'm sure Tucker loved that his players looked foolish. That wasn't your comment and you know it. You're blaming Tucker for some supposed lack of good coaching despite the fact that these guys were coached by the guy you are praising. Just give it up and admit you made an idiotic statement.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Dec 29, 2013 -> 05:25 PM)

Hey I don't disagree there, I'm just saying it's idiotic to say a Lovie coached team would have been better WHEN MOST OF THE GUYS ON THE TEAM WERE COACHED BY LOVIE.

Also Alshon, I love you.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 29, 2013 -> 05:26 PM)
I'm sure Tucker loved that his players looked foolish. That wasn't your comment and you know it. You're blaming Tucker for some supposed lack of good coaching despite the fact that these guys were coached by the guy you are praising. Just give it up and admit you made an idiotic statement.

There's nothing idiotic in pointing out that the team looked bad in one specific area that Lovie really focused on and always seemed to have his team well-coached in. I really don't know why you think that's such a controversial or absurd idea. That's all anyone ever said. You're being ridiculous on this so I'm done responding at this point.

Hey I don't disagree there, I'm just saying it's idiotic to say a Lovie coached team would have been better WHEN MOST OF THE GUYS ON THE TEAM WERE COACHED BY LOVIE.

Also Alshon, I love you.

There's no doubt in my mind the defense would be marginally better but the team would be absolutely awful if Lovie was still coach.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 29, 2013 -> 06:29 PM)
I was going to say....you've seen this defense give up 250-300 RUSHING in a game. Let alone total yards.

I kinda wonder what the Packers would be putting up on the ground if they were committed to chewing up the game on the ground (and had confidence their #1 rb was healthy).