2013-2014 NFL Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 29, 2013 -> 06:33 PM)
Something ironic about the strong-armed QB not even being able to reach the end zone there. He played a strong game though, no real complaints with Cutler.

Yeah let's ignore the pretty awful first half.

Cutler is simply not a franchise QB. He's a thrower, not a passer. He didn't lose the game for the Bears, but he didn't win it either. You can tell the difference between Rogers and Cutler - extended drives, extended plays and great decisions with the ball. I'd rather the Bears scrap the team and rebuild the next year or two and build around the O-line, Marshall and Jeffrey. Put that 16-18 million into some safeties and d-lineman.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 29, 2013 -> 06:35 PM)
You thought that was a good defensive game? They gave up 475 yards and couldn't get the Packers off the field.

I didn't say that. I said we were consistently in the right defense and the players were not making the plays. There have been many games this year where scheme and play were terrible, but not today. Scheme was great. Play was bad, by and large.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Dec 29, 2013 -> 06:37 PM)
The Bears win this game if Conte does his job. He could've done his job poorly, he couldve just jogged next to Cobb and Rodgers won't toss it. But he didn't do it all, what a nice going away present from that piece of s***.

I wonder if on that play it was really his fault. He went to cover the under. He might have been doing the right thing there, I dunno.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 29, 2013 -> 06:37 PM)
Yeah let's ignore the pretty awful first half.

Cutler is simply not a franchise QB. He's a thrower, not a passer. He didn't lose the game for the Bears, but he didn't win it either. You can tell the difference between Rogers and Cutler - extended drives, extended plays and great decisions with the ball. I'd rather the Bears scrap the team and rebuild the next year or two and build around the O-line, Marshall and Jeffrey. Put that 16-18 million into some safeties and d-lineman.

We're on the same page. It isn't that Cutler sucked, it's that a 15 million dollar QB wins a game like this, that was there for the taking even with a horrible defense.

I'm not going to absolve the defense, but that doesn't mean I don't expect the offense to play over it. I do expect them to score 34 points against a defense that is IMO every bit as bad as ours.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 29, 2013 -> 06:39 PM)
What excuse? He outplayed Rogers. Cutler was not why they lost.

Pssh, no. Rodgers had one terrible pass but made play after play the entire game. The tipped interception is one of those excuse throws people give Cutler all the time.

Rogers WON the Packers the game. No excuse necessary.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Dec 29, 2013 -> 06:40 PM)
You watched that game and think it was Cutlers fault. Really.

I didn't say that. I'd like a defense that allows 14 points too. But since we're thinking about committing this quite remarkably good core of offensive skill players to Cutler for the next 4+ years, this is one of many different experiences that leads me to believe that he is just not the guy. And of course, keeping this QB will hamstring our ability to add veterans to the defense in the near term

Edited by Jake

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 29, 2013 -> 06:41 PM)
Pssh, no. Rodgers had one terrible pass but made play after play the entire game. The tipped interception is one of those excuse throws people give Cutler all the time.

Rodgers got incredibly lucky on an early snap and then had a ridiculously blown coverage that I'm pretty sure I could have completed.

His stats in the game were not very good.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 29, 2013 -> 06:41 PM)

The tipped INT was clearly a high throw. Jordy Nelson's not Brandon Marshall.

Nobody said Cutler's better than Rodgers, but Cutler played a better game than Rodgers today, which is fine because Rodgers was clearly a bit rusty with some of his throws.