2013-2014 NFL Thread

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 11:57 AM)
Getting in is pretty important, even if you feel your team doesnt have a shot. Nobody thought those same 7-9 Seahawks were going to maul the Saints like they did a few years back, but they did.

And that absolutely helped their confidence overall too, and now they're one of the best teams in the league.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 11:56 AM)
Meh, the Bears avoided a wildcard exit. With that terrible defense, there were going nowhere fast.

I've been thinking about this. It was kind of a blessing in disguise. It stopped Jay from possibly performing great in the playoffs and raising his value (even $ 1million / year is a big change). And, with the lose, the Bears jumped up 7 draft sports to 14. With a team that DESPERATELY needs to rebuild on defense, higher picks can only help. Not just a higher pick in the 1st, but it;s higher in 2, 3, and 4 where you can get some solid value and potential pro-bowlers.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 11:57 AM)
Getting in is pretty important, even if you feel your team doesnt have a shot. Nobody thought those same 7-9 Seahawks were going to maul the Saints like they did a few years back, but they did.

Yeah but I'm just saying I don't know if it's worth the rage, not that I can tell people how to feel.

Why would they change the play at the line on a 4th and 8?

Edit: NVM, original play was cover 3, which in that case, doesn't make a ton of sense given the situation.

If Rodgers reads the Bears as being in Cover 3, then his first read is likely to be a WR running a 10-12 yard pattern, because in Cover 3 the corners are soft. If the Bears suddenly come with a Cover 0 blitz, that first read is not going to be open, and hopefully by that time the blitz is there.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 12:05 PM)
So, are they trying to convince Peanut to play S?

The ST article seemed to indicate that there probably wasn't money to bring back Tillman. That is probably more true with the three big extensions that just got signed.

The ST article seemed to indicate that there probably wasn't money to bring back Tillman. That is probably more true with the three big extensions that just got signed.

Yes this is what I'm starting to realize. This is all that's coming back, no Melton no Garza no Tillman no Hester no Wootton. Maybe McCown, he'd be the one guy I could still see them keeping but even that's doubtful. I guess Taylor Boggs is getting his shot, Kromer likes him so hey there could be something there.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 12:22 PM)
Lost in the Conte awfulness was the blitzer off the edge (not sure who it was) whiffed on Rodgers allowing him to get open for a few more seconds.

Kuhn chipped Peppers at the last second and that allowed Rodgers to get open. It wasnt lost, a lot of people gave Kuhn praise for that, he came all the way across the line and undercut Peppers

Lost in the Conte awfulness was the blitzer off the edge (not sure who it was) whiffed on Rodgers allowing him to get open for a few more seconds.

Peppers was blocked by the FB and was lunging over him at Rodgers. Wooten was held pretty bad on the play as well, as you can see in the third still from Bowen:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1905131...rom-nfl-week-17

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 11:58 AM)
People also didn't think the Saints would be as bad as they are on the road.

It's been especially evident the past few years, but New Orleans is an awful road team.

I always thought the same thing, but New Orleans was actually a really good road team until like two years ago. There was just a stretch where they were top 5 in the league in road wins over the past 5 seasons or something. In '09, they were 7-1 on the road, in '10 were 6-2, and 5-3 in 2011.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 12:26 PM)
Peppers was blocked by the FB and was lunging over him at Rodgers. Wooten was held pretty bad on the play as well, as you can see in the third still from Bowen:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1905131...rom-nfl-week-17

Lol. According to Bear fans, every play the Packers should been called for a penalty.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 12:29 PM)
Lol. According to Bear fans, every play the Packers should been called for a penalty.

It was a pretty clear hold but those things get missed/uncalled all of the time, the main point was about Peppers and that he didn't "whiff" on the sack, he was blocked by Kuhn who made a hell of a play.

What? There's been fairly extensive discussion of the last-second Kuhn, drive-saving block put on Peppers. Like. A f***ton of conversation on it. Here and everywhere.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 06:35 PM)
What? There's been fairly extensive discussion of the last-second Kuhn, drive-saving block put on Peppers. Like. A f***ton of conversation on it. Here and everywhere.

Oh my goodness, I am so embarrassed to have missed some discussion on a message board! I should have spent more time during the holidays on your take on it!

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 08:00 PM)
Chris Kluwe discusses how he feels his activism led to him being fired

http://deadspin.com/i-was-an-nfl-player-un...s-an-1493208214

Hilarious quote from the article:

"He reiterated his fervent desire for me to cease speaking on the subject, stating that "a wise coach once told me there are two things you don't talk about in the NFL, politics and religion." - Leslie Frazier

Oh yeah, NFL players definitely refrain from discussing religion.