2013-2014 NFL Thread

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Mar 25, 2013 -> 03:20 PM)
Glad the Bears are bringing back Jonathan Scott. Solid depth. Now on to bringing back Lance Louis...

Is he expected to be ready to go when the season starts? I was at the game when he got popped by Jared Allen, that was ugly

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 25, 2013 -> 04:23 PM)
Is he expected to be ready to go when the season starts? I was at the game when he got popped by Jared Allen, that was ugly

Most reports have said yes, but there's obvious reasons for both owners and him to wait until he's nearly 100% recovered and ready to go before signing.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 25, 2013 -> 06:24 PM)
Yeah, but I wouldn't say he was highly productive. Which is why I countered your point.

I guess being in the top 7 in tackles back to back years doesn't make you highly productive? Maybe I should have included tackler at the end of highly productive since he didn't add a lot of sacks or picks to his resume.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 26, 2013 -> 05:59 PM)
Bears retain Kelvin Hayden on a 1 year deal.

Another good move. That's 7 signings in 7 days. What will tomorrow bring?

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Mar 26, 2013 -> 09:20 PM)

Not Jason Campbell he signed with Cleveland 2 yr deal...................I am glad he is gone, he stole $3.5 mil last year.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Mar 26, 2013 -> 09:20 PM)

I'm so confused. Why does this new GM keep filling holes with what appear to be quality players? I have never seen this before.

QUOTE (Jake @ Mar 26, 2013 -> 11:10 PM)
FWIW, PFF rated both of our new LB's in 2012 Urlacher territory last year. This isn't to say that better coaching, supporting casts, etc. can't change these things.

Hard to get a good read on Williams last year when he sat the first 9 games. He was basically ushered out due to his behavior, he wasnt getting his job back

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Mar 26, 2013 -> 10:05 PM)
Not Jason Campbell he signed with Cleveland 2 yr deal...................I am glad he is gone, he stole $3.5 mil last year.

Well, I still had more confidence in him as a backup than um... who is the Bears backup now?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 27, 2013 -> 09:42 AM)
On the roster? Josh McCown.

Didnt they stash a kid on the practice squad that did decent in preseason last year? Really big kid, I think he was D2

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Mar 25, 2013 -> 03:20 PM)
Glad the Bears are bringing back Jonathan Scott. Solid depth. Now on to bringing back Lance Louis...

Or not. Louis signed with the Dolphins today... I'm a little disappointed. I know he had a bad knee injury and we don't know how much $ he wanted, but he was our best OL last year.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (Jake @ Mar 26, 2013 -> 11:10 PM)
FWIW, PFF rated both of our new LB's in 2012 Urlacher territory last year. This isn't to say that better coaching, supporting casts, etc. can't change these things.

I'm okay with that, though. You can play winning football with Lance Briggs and 2 Urlacher's at LB. And they're doing it on cheap, 1 year deals. Plus, I really think we'll add a LB early in the draft. I'd love to get Alec Olgetree.

Edited by dasox24