2013-2014 NFL Thread

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jan 14, 2014 -> 09:54 AM)
Probably...Manning, Rodgers, Brady and Brees will have past their peak by then.

8 interceptions in 3 playoff games = no good.

The 8 INT are not good, but they weren't all his fault. Plus I'm sure he was pressing things a bit knowing his defense was going to be giving up tons of points. Colts defense gave up 43.5 points per game in this playoffs.

I wouldn't be surprised if Luck has a huge year next year. 30 plus td's.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 14, 2014 -> 08:28 AM)
I wouldn't be surprised if Luck has a huge year next year. 30 plus td's.

So 30 TDs is a huge year but Wilson's 26 this year is overrated even though they're a run first offense?

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 14, 2014 -> 10:56 AM)
So 30 TDs is a huge year but Wilson's 26 this year is overrated even though they're a run first offense?

When I say 30 plus, I'm talking closer to 40. 37-38 td's and 4000 - 4500 yards passing.

Also the Colts ran the ball with running backs 42 times less then the Seahawks this year. 2.6 times per game. So I guess you could say the Colts are a run first team as well.

Edited by GoSox05

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 14, 2014 -> 09:25 AM)
When I say 30 plus, I'm talking closer to 40. 37-38 td's and 4000 - 4500 yards passing.

Also the Colts ran the ball with running backs 42 times less then the Seahawks this year. 2.6 times per game. So I guess you could say the Colts are a run first team as well.

Well then I guess Wilson's 26 TDs are even more impressive than Luck's 23 this year, especially since he lost his #1 receiver all year and his #2 receiver for the 2nd half of the year.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 14, 2014 -> 11:35 AM)
Well then I guess Wilson's 26 TDs are even more impressive than Luck's 23 this year, especially since he lost his #1 receiver all year and his #2 receiver for the 2nd half of the year.

Wilson also has a great running back to help divert some of the attention away from him. The Seahawks' receiver depth is also better than the Colts, as Luck was throwing to f*** all after Wayne went down (and besides Hilton).

I really, really like Russell Wilson, but if you are going to argue that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck, you're barking up the wrong tree. There are going to be very, very few people who will agree with that.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 14, 2014 -> 09:39 AM)
Wilson also has a great running back to help divert some of the attention away from him. The Seahawks' receiver depth is also better than the Colts, as Luck was throwing to f*** all after Wayne went down (and besides Hilton).

I really, really like Russell Wilson, but if you are going to argue that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck, you're barking up the wrong tree. There are going to be very, very few people who will agree with that.

I was responding more to the dismissive "Overrated" comments several here have thrown at Wilson when his numbers have been quite good.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 14, 2014 -> 11:49 AM)
I was responding more to the dismissive "Overrated" comments several here have thrown at Wilson when his numbers have been quite good.

Regarding that, I am in agreement and in fact think Wilson is quite underrated. There probably aren't 8 QBs in the NFL I take over Wilson right now and moving forward.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 14, 2014 -> 12:39 PM)

That's not really true.

Edited by ChiSox_Sonix

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jan 14, 2014 -> 12:15 PM)
That's not really true.

Hilton is easily the best receiver between the two teams, even better than Harvin, but the Colts have nothing after that, especially after Fleener disappeared. Their other receivers were LaVon Brazill, Da'Rick Rogers, and Griff Whalen.

At the very least, Wilson has multiple pass catchers he can throw to.

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 14, 2014 -> 11:35 AM)

Luck lost Wayne for a long time, didn't he?

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 14, 2014 -> 01:25 PM)
Hilton is easily the best receiver between the two teams, even better than Harvin, but the Colts have nothing after that, especially after Fleener disappeared. Their other receivers were LaVon Brazill, Da'Rick Rogers, and Griff Whalen.

At the very least, Wilson has multiple pass catchers he can throw to.

The Seahawks have Tate and Baldwin. That's it. Fleener is better than Zach Miller and the RBs pass catching ability evens itself out. They're both not good but Luck had more players who could make plays

It's crazy that he already has 11 games where he didn't throw 22 passes.

For comparison, Aaron Rodgers has only 2 games in his career that he didn't attempt 21 passes. One of those was a game they blew out the Browns and he didn't play that much in the second half.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 15, 2014 -> 02:14 PM)
Interesting stat for Russell Wilson:

via

So the less he throws the better he is. Just like Rex Grossman.

I'm just kidding. I think Wilson is really good. I admit, I think put in the same circumstance Luck is better, but I don't see how anyone could say Wilson hasn't been outstanding.

The ESPN "OMG TOM BRADY IS SICK"-athon is tremendously annoying. Today there was a story on the homepage "Source: Brady to return to practice today". GMAFB, the guy had a cold yesterday. He isnt dying, he will play Sunday

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 16, 2014 -> 11:08 AM)
The ESPN "OMG TOM BRADY IS SICK"-athon is tremendously annoying. Today there was a story on the homepage "Source: Brady to return to practice today". GMAFB, the guy had a cold yesterday. He isnt dying, he will play Sunday

That's why I hate ESPN. Other than live sports, I haven't watched any of their regular programming in a long time.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 16, 2014 -> 11:08 AM)

They're just setting up a "Michael Jordan played with the flu" scenario.