2013-2014 NFL Thread

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 6, 2013 -> 07:47 PM)
Post draft grades mean as much as pre-season picks. They are fun to do, fill up column space, kill time, and ultimately mean absolutely nothing.

yeah but it's the offseason and I wanted to talk NFL but didn't get a chance to.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 6, 2013 -> 08:06 PM)
Tim Tebow got released by the Jets, DID YOU HEAR ABOUT IT?

I actually had not. What a pleasure to be away from ESPN during that debacle.

I have an irrational feeling that the bears will walk away with 3 starters by 2014 season from this draft. First time I've felt that way since like, the Tommy Harris draft. Not sure if that was even a good draft.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/...5247,full.story

Not sure what to make of this but it looks like B. Marshall has been hanging out at a house described as "a place NFL pros go "if they want to step out on their girlfriends and their wives ... outside of anywhere else where media might catch them."...Said house may also have "high-quantity drug deals" transacted there. The house is also connected to a shooting (Tyrone Mosby trial). Marshall doesn't appear to be in any kind of legal trouble.

I'm tired and somewhat intoxicated and haven't read that whole article so if someone else wants to elaborate on more of what's going, please do.

Pine Hills, where this house is, is commonly known as Crime Hills in Orlando.

I'm not going to compare that area to major city areas but I feel a little nervous if I'm cutting through there during the day. No way would I venture in that area at night.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 9, 2013 -> 08:36 PM)
I'm guessing he wants to be paid like a 1-20 pick, while the Bears are arguing that they overdrafted him big time.

Have picks around him signed?

QUOTE (bmags @ May 9, 2013 -> 02:45 PM)
Have picks around him signed?

Good god no, I'm sure there are some teams who haven't even started signing players yet.

Rumor is though that Long was going in the top 24 anyways, no matter what I drunkenly rambled about on the night of the draft.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 9, 2013 -> 03:55 PM)
I thought I read somewhere that he hasn't even graduated from school yet because they haven't had their finals? Might be a reason for the delay.

He cannot start minicamps and OTAs until Oregon completes their finals, which is in June.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 9, 2013 -> 07:49 PM)
Good god no, I'm sure there are some teams who haven't even started signing players yet.

Rumor is though that Long was going in the top 24 anyways, no matter what I drunkenly rambled about on the night of the draft.

Those rumors I never believe. They come out after every reach in an attempt to justify the pick.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 15, 2013 -> 11:21 PM)
The Ravens announced Rolando McClain's retirement

If he gets his stuff straight, I could see him coming back. He's only like 24, right?