2013-2014 NFL Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 26, 2013 -> 10:16 AM)
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk

Source with direct knowledge of Hernandez situation tells us: "Assume the worst."

Rae Carruth lines were starting to get old anyways.

If true, this sucks in the sense that the NFL loses a truly unique talent. Gronkowski was and still can be a monster of a tight end, but I always feared Hernandez more because of the speed/size combo. But really, if he isn't going to cooperate, and they believe him to be a suspect and someone who may flee (because, prior to his arrest, he had about $41 million reasons to remain in the area), how long can they legally hold him under arrest?

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 26, 2013 -> 09:38 AM)
I think you wait to see what the fall out is. Doesn't make much sense to sign him if he's spending the rest of his life behind bars

Your sarcasm detector has really been failing you lately.

What say you, Soxtalk? Will it be a Murder charge? Accomplice to Murder? Manslaughter? Obstructing Justice?

I find it a bit suspicious that everything has been sealed until the arraignment, the police are being very careful with this one. The "expect the worst" quote and the fact that the Pats didnt even wait to find out what the charges are(publicly, at least) make it look even more likely to me that Hernandez is likely going away for a long time.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 26, 2013 -> 12:36 PM)
What say you, Soxtalk? Will it be a Murder charge? Accomplice to Murder? Manslaughter? Obstructing Justice?

I find it a bit suspicious that everything has been sealed until the arraignment, the police are being very careful with this one. The "expect the worst" quote and the fact that the Pats didnt even wait to find out what the charges are(publicly, at least) make it look even more likely to me that Hernandez is likely going away for a long time.

This isnt the first time the guy has been involved with a shooting. I am guessing at LEAST accessory.

Been charged with murder.

I'm far from a legal expert, but I would think, given that this is an NFL player who has publicity and financial access to top-notch attorneys, they aren't charging him with murder without an awfully solid case.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jun 26, 2013 -> 01:50 PM)
I'm far from a legal expert, but I would think, given that this is an NFL player who has publicity and financial access to top-notch attorneys, they aren't charging him with murder without an awfully solid case.

One thing we havent heard about, the other two guys that were in the car. You have to think they were interviewed and have to wonder what they said

Prosecutors detailed Lloyd's multiple gunshot wounds, and keys to a vehicle belonging to Hernandez were found on Lloyd. Lloyd had all his possessions, so robbery was not the motive. Five shells from a semi-automatic weapon were recovered.

---

The prosecutor said authorities have tape of Hernandez, with a firearm, saying "You can't trust anyone anymore" before driving to pick up Lloyd.

http://deadspin.com/aaron-hernandez-charge...urder-588065097

I'm sure there will be all kinds of goodies that come out shortly.

Edited by witesoxfan