2013-2014 NFL Thread

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 3, 2013 -> 12:19 PM)
+1. Since when is it a surprise that some humans are total pieces of s***? Its not a reflection on anyone but themselves. I would have gladly taken production like that.

People have worked next to mass murderers and had no idea. In no universe do the Patriots want one of their players going to jail for murder.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think it is irrelevant that the Patriots picked Hernandez, but very relevant that Hernandez supposedly was involved in so many shootings and fights and only now are they coming to light. I mean, damn, of course Hernandez was completely ignorant and sloppy with murdering Odin Lloyd. Why would he expect anyone to arrest him, it never happened before.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 3, 2013 -> 01:42 PM)
People have worked next to mass murderers and had no idea. In no universe do the Patriots want one of their players going to jail for murder.

I'm sure they don't, but in the end, other than replacing him on the football field, Hernandez's arrest won't hurt their bottom line. People won't stop watching the Patriots or the NFL because of it.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 3, 2013 -> 01:46 PM)
I have a feeling University of Florida is not to thrilled about all of the press trying to dig into what goes on down there.

They can thank Urban for that

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 3, 2013 -> 02:20 PM)
Am I supposed to know what that means? Is that an SEC thing?

That was Urbans group of untouchable players that he made sure didnt stay arrested. He refuses to acknowledge that he knows about it, but I believe Janoris Jenkins exposed it when he got thrown off the team

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-0...olation-coaches

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 3, 2013 -> 01:52 PM)
I'm sure they don't, but in the end, other than replacing him on the football field, Hernandez's arrest won't hurt their bottom line. People won't stop watching the Patriots or the NFL because of it.

Well, I can think of one person who will.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 3, 2013 -> 02:23 PM)
That was Urbans group of untouchable players that he made sure didnt stay arrested. He refuses to acknowledge that he knows about it, but I believe Janoris Jenkins exposed it when he got thrown off the team

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-0...olation-coaches

LOL, seriously? What an expose.

Its obviously the coaches fault when people turn out to be dirtbags, of course since the position coaches probably spend more time with them its mostly their fault, well then there is also their High School coach who vouched for them when recruited, and dont forget the pop warner coach who always gave the star kids more playing time and better halftime snacks.

I noticed sour grapes Florida fans gave up the "bare cupbard" argument last season.

Jenkins, a cornerback who is set to be picked in the first round of the upcoming NFL Draft, is 23 years old, but he’s already fathered four illegitimate kids under the age of three, by three different women. Three of those kids were reportedly born in the same year, by the way. Jenkins was arrested three times. He was Tasered during a June 2009 street fight outside a bar, and he was caught smoking marijuana twice in a period of three months in 2011. For his behavior, Rhymes-With-Clitoris was kicked out of the University of Florida

Coach should have been there yo

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 3, 2013 -> 02:58 PM)
Wait, Rock finds no fault in Urban Meyer.

Shocked.

This is the expose'

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/...ogram-will-musc

I find lots of faults, go ahead and search about the time he was hired. So you should be shocked.

Second, Matt Hayes, LOL. PLus the entire story was refuted. I like how the header says NCAA violations, where exactly? "Broke" Florida football, or your next head coach wasnt as good as the departing one.

Third: Pat Dooley who HATES Meyer and OSU

http://www.gatorsports.com/article/2013062...8?p=1&tc=pg

I've never seen more media frenzy over a guy who hasnt said anything about anything. NFL player kills someone, and the blame goes to his college coach? LOL

Here are the arrests of NFL players (664 of them to be exact):

http://www.utsandiego.com/nfl/arrests-database/

Please point me to the stories on their college coaches and how it was their fault. There is a legitimate story on something and then there is this crap.

Edited by RockRaines

I don't think anyone is saying Urban Meyer put the gun in Aaron Hernandez's hand and forced him to shoot Odin Lloyd. I think people are saying when Aaron Hernandez, as a 17 year old, broke a dude's f***ing eardrums, Urban Meyer talked to the sheriff (who just so happened to be a UF donor) and said "make these go away."

I'm sure it happens a lot, especially in SEC land. College football, more than probably any other sport, is corrupt. If you have a coach with that kind of sway, more f***ing power to you.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 3, 2013 -> 03:53 PM)
I don't think anyone is saying Urban Meyer put the gun in Aaron Hernandez's hand and forced him to shoot Odin Lloyd. I think people are saying when Aaron Hernandez, as a 17 year old, broke a dude's f***ing eardrums, Urban Meyer talked to the sheriff (who just so happened to be a UF donor) and said "make these go away."

I'm sure it happens a lot, especially in SEC land. College football, more than probably any other sport, is corrupt. If you have a coach with that kind of sway, more f***ing power to you.

You really think a coach would take that task? I don't. That's most likely someone else on staff.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 3, 2013 -> 03:49 PM)
like I said, shocking

Glad to see you read my old posts then.

You find those other stories on those 500+ other college coaches yet? Or does it only matter when they have hoisted Crystal Footballs?

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 3, 2013 -> 03:57 PM)
You really think a coach would take that task? I don't. That's most likely someone else on staff.

Whose staff is it? Who do you think made that call to begin with?

This type of thing reminds me of life in the fraternity. The President acted as the delegate of the officer board to make sure all officers got their work done. The officers delegated smaller tasks to the members of the fraternity. At the end of the day, anything that happens in that fraternity comes back to the President, and while he can have his own punishment on his officers and/or his players, if enough people start screwing up, it's ultimately his head that rolls.

You are blowing smoke up my ass if you think Meyer is innocent or he didn't know anything was happening.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 3, 2013 -> 03:59 PM)
Glad to see you read my old posts then.

You find those other stories on those 500+ other college coaches yet? Or does it only matter when they have hoisted Crystal Footballs?

Its not my burden to bear Rock, you can go ahead and dig up all you want.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 3, 2013 -> 04:09 PM)
Whose staff is it? Who do you think made that call to begin with?

This type of thing reminds me of life in the fraternity. The President acted as the delegate of the officer board to make sure all officers got their work done. The officers delegated smaller tasks to the members of the fraternity. At the end of the day, anything that happens in that fraternity comes back to the President, and while he can have his own punishment on his officers and/or his players, if enough people start screwing up, it's ultimately his head that rolls.

You are blowing smoke up my ass if you think Meyer is innocent or he didn't know anything was happening.

No I think they all know when players are in trouble, but if you look at the list of arrests or the article above there wasn't a whole lot of special treatment above what is typically seen around. At Miami Ben had a video guy following him around that I'd alot of the coordination for the program. At OSU under Tress, the strength coach did the babysitting.

Florida arrests

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2010-0...anor-possession

Frankly I think the tenure at Florida and the type of kids he brought into the program was a learning experience for Meyer. We've seen a much better class of kid so far recruited and meanwhile Florida already has 4 arrests this year which is actually on pace for more than during Meyer's tenure.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 3, 2013 -> 04:15 PM)
I'm not the one making it about the poster instead of the actual story.

I made it about Urban Meyer, whereas you jumped in to his defense.