2013-2014 NFL Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 28, 2013 -> 10:45 AM)
The assault can be covered up and, by all indications, was covered up. The drive-by is harder because they didn't have a good view of the shooter and it's still an open case. All they know is that it was a "large Hispanic or Hawaiian person with tattoos all over his arms," because there are none of those in Gainesville.

Actually he was 17 at the time and it was handled under juvee law according to the article.

Your hate is nothing but rational.

Tell me again how Urban is responsible for Aaron Hernandez possibly murdering several people while playing for the pats.

If he doesn't cover up everything Hernandez did at Florida, he never makes it to the Pats.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 28, 2013 -> 10:47 AM)
Steve,

You need to be a little careful with that charity stuff. Id hate to see you get a letter from the IL Attorney general. Make sure that its clear that the people buying will receive 0 tax write off.

That's teespring's problem, not ours. They put the stamp on the site and got approval from Cornerstone 33 Foundation (after we told them to).

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 28, 2013 -> 10:26 AM)
I dont hate either Meyer or Ohio State. And I never said he was responsible for AH possibly murdering people while playing for the Pats.

While we are playing the "Tell me again..." game, Tell me again why these "Urban Meyer covers up shady s***" stories follow Meyer pretty much everywhere he goes?

There probably isn't a successful Division 1 coach who hasn't covered up some things. I'm not an Urban Meyer fan, but really, the thing that would make him unique is never covering things up.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 28, 2013 -> 11:51 AM)
There probably isn't a successful Division 1 coach who hasn't covered up some things. I'm not an Urban Meyer fan, but really, the thing that would make him unique is never covering things up.

I never denied this. Hell, my initial post was about Hernandez and the Rolling Stone story, which has some stuff about Meyer.

Ya but other than OJ's coach at USC most cover ups do not lead to the insanity that ensued when Hernandez was with the Pats. The pats are more at fault but Meyer is part of the enabling that resulted in a potential mass murderer.

Yes, but since he left Florida the behavior there has stayed exactly the same while in Columbus he has booted players for a single positive drug test as well as suspended his best players multiple games when they werent even charged with a single crime. His history in his previous stops also point to there being little to no issues like what happened at Florida.

So why again is Meyer the target of this criticism? All things in his career point to his time at Florida being an outlier, and since he left the actions of the players and coaching staff have stayed exactly the same. The University of Florida and its administration clearly have some serious issues.

More informed article connecting the vague references in the article to what actually happened and was reported. Probably a bit defensive since its a Florida site, but they clearly have more information on each case:

http://www.alligatorarmy.com/2013/8/28/466...ors-urban-meyer

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Aug 28, 2013 -> 12:54 PM)
Ya but other than OJ's coach at USC most cover ups do not lead to the insanity that ensued when Hernandez was with the Pats. The pats are more at fault but Meyer is part of the enabling that resulted in a potential mass murderer.

What does playing football have anything to do with Hernandez killing people? I would say the vast majority of murderers don't play pro football. Perhaps with the time he had to put in to perform, it might have even saved a couple from being his victim.

It wouldn't be surprising if Meyer looked the other way and let this guy get away with doing things guys with no where near his talent would be thrown off the team. Again, every coach does that. Every pro team does that. Most businesses do it. The more valuable you are, the more you can get away with. But how does that lead to creating a murderer? He would have killed people if he never put on shoulder pads.

Edited by Dick Allen

It's just that time of the month for Brandon, he'll be fine. Dude tends to overreact sometimes, and he has a tendency to say s*** that makes no sense at all ("Hester is better than me"). He is b****ing about the team not taking his injury seriously when they gave him all summer off to recover, and he's frustrated because he thought he was gonna be totally game-ready now but he had that s***ty game in Oakland. He is still "that guy" but he has it more under control than he did before.=

There's covering up players cheating in classes, accepting money against NCAA rules, or smoking pot, and then there's covering up players doing hard drugs and/or committing violent felonies. The first group of players aren't likely to go on to be criminals, but the second group have serious problems that need to be addressed, and covering that up is doing them (and Odin Lloyd) a major disservice.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 28, 2013 -> 06:08 PM)
What does playing football have anything to do with Hernandez killing people? I would say the vast majority of murderers don't play pro football. Perhaps with the time he had to put in to perform, it might have even saved a couple from being his victim.

It wouldn't be surprising if Meyer looked the other way and let this guy get away with doing things guys with no where near his talent would be thrown off the team. Again, every coach does that. Every pro team does that. Most businesses do it. The more valuable you are, the more you can get away with. But how does that lead to creating a murderer? He would have killed people if he never put on shoulder pads.

I think the idea is that he would have been in jail long before that point, if he didn't have coaches protecting him, or whatever.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Aug 30, 2013 -> 12:17 AM)
Win for the nfl, considering they make like 9 billion a year.

seriously. No admission of guilt, and this pittance of a settlement(comparatively). They really did win this