2013-2014 NFL Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@BradBiggs

#Bears OT J'Marcus Webb announces via Twitter @jmarcuswebb that he will be waived.

I bet he gets picked up pretty quickly. He could be a decent swing tackle.

Edited by GoSox05

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Aug 30, 2013 -> 09:15 AM)
@BradBiggs

#Bears OT J'Marcus Webb announces via Twitter @jmarcuswebb that he will be waived.

Maybe. I know advanced metrics pegs him to be better than what the fans ultimately think, but this is an entirely new coaching staff he didn't impress. He may be too nice of a guy. Tackles have to have a mean streak.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 30, 2013 -> 08:36 AM)
seriously. No admission of guilt, and this pittance of a settlement(comparatively). They really did win this

Some of the settlement may that that there was a new study in JAMA that found the incidence in brain changes was no different in a control group of 60 year old males than in the experimental group of ex-NFL players of the same age.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 30, 2013 -> 10:41 AM)
Released so far

OT J'Marcus Webb, OT Edwin Williams, S Brandon Hardin, S Tom Nelson, QB Jordan Palmer, WR Josh Lenz

QB Trent Edwards also gone...........both QB's from last night gone.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Aug 30, 2013 -> 11:48 AM)
So last year's third and fourth round picks are no longer part of the organization

I criticize them for the Hardin pick, but Rodriguez forced their hand. He probably would have been the starter if he didnt feel the need to party and drive so much

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 30, 2013 -> 11:51 AM)
I criticize them for the Hardin pick, but Rodriguez forced their hand. He probably would have been the starter if he didnt feel the need to party and drive so much

Rodriguez had problems in college. They knew what they were getting into.

Depending on what happens with McClellin, that 2012 draft class for the Bears looking a little rough.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Aug 30, 2013 -> 09:15 AM)
@BradBiggs

About time finally showed the door.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Aug 30, 2013 -> 09:58 AM)
Rodriguez had problems in college. They knew what they were getting into.

Depending on what happens with McClellin, that 2012 draft class for the Bears looking a little rough.

The 2012 draft class has a chance to be a really awful draft class.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 31, 2013 -> 10:13 AM)
TIM TEBOW HAS BEEN CUT!!!! (I'm surprised they are sticking with GameDay and not having an emergency SportsCenter roundtable)

The Patriots are full of sin. Tebow asked for his release.

"I'm blessed, because of my faith, that I don't have to worry about the future because I know who holds my future," Tebow told reporters. "It's something I try to live by. It really gives you a lot of peace in whatever circumstance I'm in."

I find this hilarious. "I don't have to put in the effort, God will take care of me."

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 31, 2013 -> 01:53 PM)
The Patriots are full of sin. Tebow asked for his release.

I find this hilarious. "I don't have to put in the effort, God will take care of me."

I have nothing against people who are religious but this is the type of crap that makes one hate Tebow. What a joke.