2013-2014 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 31, 2013 -> 02:02 PM)
I have nothing against people who are religious but this is the type of crap that makes one hate Tebow. What a joke.

plenty of players say that type of stuff. Tebow is the only one who has his own national sports network promoting him. That's the problem.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 31, 2013 -> 07:46 PM)
The Bears made 20 draft picks from 2009-2011. Five players are left on the roster. Wright, Conte, Paea, Wooton, and Melton. All defense of course.

Alshon Jeffery?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 31, 2013 -> 09:48 PM)
They could make up for it. So could Shea but not good to have some of the misses they had in just 1 yr. Thankfully Frey took huge steps forward and I do think Jeffrey will be a beast.

Emerys first draft was kind of difficult to assess. He has to come in and go straight to the senior bowl to figure out what the Bears need(with a lame duck coach and staff)after he has been looking at the Chiefs needs all year. It doesn't excuse pure reaches like Hardin was, but I'm really focusing on the 2013 draft to see where emery is. So far I really like what I see

Vikings claimed OT J'Marcus Webb off waivers from the Bears.

Bears claimed DE David Bass off waivers from the Raiders.

Bass was outplayed by UDFA Ryan Richardson during Oakland's preseason, but he was a dominant small-schooler who looked like a strong developmental prospect during pre-draft all-star games. He'll be a deep reserve in Chicago.

Per Rotoworld

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 31, 2013 -> 02:02 PM)
I have nothing against people who are religious but this is the type of crap that makes one hate Tebow. What a joke.

Exactly. Griffin is religious, also an ESPN star and former Heisman winner.

The difference is Griffin isn't a douchebag and doesn't act entitled.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 2, 2013 -> 10:35 AM)
Bears trade a conditional 2014 draft pick to the cowboys for TE Dante Rosario

Packers sign Seneca Wallace to back up Aaron Rodgers

I'm losing track of back up quarterbacks on the Packers.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 1, 2013 -> 09:15 PM)
Exactly. Griffin is religious, also an ESPN star and former Heisman winner.

The difference is Griffin isn't a douchebag and doesn't act entitled.

I'm annoyed by the coverage of Tebow as much as everyone else, but he acts the complete opposite of entitled. Can you give an example? He's been given nothing easy since being drafted in the league and he's never demanding playing time or more money or any of that.

Yea I dont really see Tebow acting entitled either, I just see a guy who is swept up in the rip current of his own hype in college. He can never be that guy who slips in and competes for a job, ESPN will always focus directly on him and make him a story.

And unfortunately, at this level he just isnt good enough. And his rather large fanbase doesnt agree with that.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 31, 2013 -> 07:46 PM)
The Bears made 20 draft picks from 2009-2011. Five players are left on the roster. Wright, Conte, Paea, Wooton, and Melton. All defense of course.

The Bears are the White Sox of the NFL when it comes to developing offense, with Forte being an exception.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Sep 3, 2013 -> 12:10 PM)
The national consensus seems to be that the Bears are a .500 or worse team this year. Am I just being too much of a homer, because I think they'll be at least as good as last year?

Bears will be money this year.

The national consensus seems to be that the Bears are a .500 or worse team this year. Am I just being too much of a homer, because I think they'll be at least as good as last year?

I'd personally put the o/u at 9.5. I actually really like the Bears starters as a whole but I think lack of depth could bite them in the ass at some point.

The reasons I feel Tebow is entitled

1) Home schooled but played HS football, which I hate in principle. But he refused to play anything but QB so he left his first team. He acts like it's his god given right to QB.

2) the "thanks for that" commercial

I could see them at 10-6, 9-7, 8-8 or 7-9.

Probably 2nd place in the NFC North. Maybe as a wild card team.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 3, 2013 -> 12:22 PM)
I'd personally put the o/u at 9.5. I actually really like the Bears starters as a whole but I think lack of depth could bite them in the ass at some point.

I like 9 wins, but I wouldn't be shocked with just about any scenario unfolding. There are a ton of questions and new players. Usually that takes a while to settle itself out, so a slow start seems very possible.

The bears O/U was 8.5 wins and I think it was juiced for the over. I think consensus would say most people (or at least those who bet) think the Bears will be better than 8 wins. The mean projection for Bears wins was 8.1 on football outsiders almanac though.