2013-2014 NFL Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 3, 2013 -> 05:51 PM)
Hmm Williams over Bostic still?

Bostic still needs a lot of seasoning in play recognition. Especially this year it seems a lot of new packages are going to come to light, best to be disciplined in that case.

Not at all disappointed to see DJ Williams play.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Sep 3, 2013 -> 05:44 PM)
The bears O/U was 8.5 wins and I think it was juiced for the over. I think consensus would say most people (or at least those who bet) think the Bears will be better than 8 wins. The mean projection for Bears wins was 8.1 on football outsiders almanac though.

I think that's about right. Looking at a former 10-6 team and picking them apart, you have to believe they will not come close to matching 9 defensive TDs this year, which would mean certain regression. Now, we think the offense will be better, but I've thought that every year of my life.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Sep 3, 2013 -> 12:10 PM)
The national consensus seems to be that the Bears are a .500 or worse team this year. Am I just being too much of a homer, because I think they'll be at least as good as last year?

I saw the Bears at #8 and #12 on two power rankings (not that it means anything). But since we are talking about national opinion, that makes me think the national writers think pretty highly of the Bears.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 3, 2013 -> 12:24 PM)
The reasons I feel Tebow is entitled

1) Home schooled but played HS football, which I hate in principle. But he refused to play anything but QB so he left his first team. He acts like it's his god given right to QB.

2) the "thanks for that" commercial

Yeah, that's pretty weak.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 3, 2013 -> 12:24 PM)
The reasons I feel Tebow is entitled

1) Home schooled but played HS football, which I hate in principle. But he refused to play anything but QB so he left his first team. He acts like it's his god given right to QB.

2) the "thanks for that" commercial

I dont like the guy but not sure how thats being entitled. The guy wanted something and went out and got it, and proved he was one of the best HS and college QB's ever. There are alot worse people out there wearing NFL uni's than Tim Tebow.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 3, 2013 -> 04:32 PM)
I dont like the guy but not sure how thats being entitled. The guy wanted something and went out and got it, and proved he was one of the best HS and college QB's ever. There are alot worse people out there wearing NFL uni's than Tim Tebow.

The whole "they said I couldn't be a college QB" thing bugged me. He was one of the highest rated QB prospects coming out of college was he not? Who exactly was doubting him?

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Sep 3, 2013 -> 04:59 PM)
The whole "they said I couldn't be a college QB" thing bugged me. He was one of the highest rated QB prospects coming out of college was he not? Who exactly was doubting him?

Well that was pretty dumb, but I'm sure he's reading a script a director gave him when filming the commercial.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 3, 2013 -> 04:32 PM)

Oh, I know there are worse people playing in the NFL than Tebow.

I just hate the fact that home schooled kids can pick and choose public school teams to play on. I've always been of the opinion that home schooled kids should not be allowed to play on public high school teams.

And his refusal to play anything but QB in the NFL has doomed his pro-career.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 3, 2013 -> 06:26 PM)
Oh, I know there are worse people playing in the NFL than Tebow.

I just hate the fact that home schooled kids can pick and choose public school teams to play on. I've always been of the opinion that home schooled kids should not be allowed to play on public high school teams.

And his refusal to play anything but QB in the NFL has doomed his pro-career.

Home schooled kids can pick whatever public school they want? That doesn't make any sense you would think they would have to go to the district they live in.

Bears released OT Jonathan Scott and re-signed TE Kyle Adams.

Scott beat out J'Marcus Webb for No. 4 tackle duties in Chicago, but his stay on the roster doesn't last long. It's possible the Bears are just cutting him ahead of Sunday's game to protect themselves from having to guarantee Scott's 2013 salary. Adams was waived by the Bears on Monday.

Per Rotoworld

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 3, 2013 -> 08:16 PM)
Home schooled kids can pick whatever public school they want? That doesn't make any sense you would think they would have to go to the district they live in.

That is the law, yes.

But Tebow moved into an apartment in another district so he could play for a different team, so there are weak loopholes.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 3, 2013 -> 10:15 PM)
That is the law, yes.

But Tebow moved into an apartment in another district so he could play for a different team, so there are weak loopholes.

Depends on the state you live in. Indiana has open enrollment, so as long as you don't transfer for "athletic purposes" you can literally go to school anywhere you want, if the school will have you.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 3, 2013 -> 10:15 PM)
That is the law, yes.

I do agree with you on the picking any school they want deal, although at least the parents have to pay to transport them there. I do not however, have any problem with homeschooled kids participating in public school extracurricular activities, such as sports, band, etc. These families pay the same taxes that the rest of us do and have every right to participate.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 3, 2013 -> 12:51 PM)
Hmm Williams over Bostic still?

I could see Bostic getting some snaps over Williams in obvious run situations or against running teams, but at this point Williams is leaps and bounds better in pass coverage than Bostic is. He's also familiar with the cover 2.

I really don't understand why we dropped Scott to carry an arsenal of tight ends (and mediocre ones at best after Bennett). Makes no sense. I understand if they pick him back up in a week (since he wouldn't be ready this week anyway) but now you risk losing a quality swing tackle on the bench and the Bears need depth at the tackle position.