2013-2014 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 8, 2013 -> 11:28 AM)
Feels like Shoop is back.

O Line doing good on pass protection.

Evidently Bears fans are always going to b****. Don't understand good coaching. With Tice Martz they ask for short/quick develping plays and a nice mix and to protect our oline. We actually do it against one of the top defenses in the league and everywhere I look I see retarded fans b****ing (not taking this out on you Brian...just saw it where I watched the game and on bearstalk. its further proof we have the stupidest f***ing fan base on the planet).

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 8, 2013 -> 01:42 PM)
I agree...I HATE. That call...if you're going to call that you have to allow the qb to get destroyed when he cuts it back inside

I hate the call too. I think it should be the 2nd step out when you throw the flag but as the league calls it, it was the right call.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 8, 2013 -> 04:57 PM)
Evidently Bears fans are always going to b****. Don't understand good coaching. With Tice Martz they ask for short/quick develping plays and a nice mix and to protect our oline. We actually do it against one of the top defenses in the league and everywhere I look I see retarded fans b****ing (not taking this out on you Brian...just saw it where I watched the game and on bearstalk. its further proof we have the stupidest f***ing fan base on the planet).

The offense was pretty rotten in the first half you've got to admit. If you're going to do those quick developing plays, you've actually got to catch them. Way too many quick times off the field with no gain. They really found a good groove in the 2nd half starting with that 11 yard completion to Jeffrey after a fake reverse. Cutler started hitting guys with laser beams and they started catching them, there were some great catches in there by Bennett and Marshall.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 8, 2013 -> 02:08 PM)
The offense was pretty rotten in the first half you've got to admit. If you're going to do those quick developing plays, you've actually got to catch them. Way too many quick times off the field with no gain. They really found a good groove in the 2nd half starting with that 11 yard completion to Jeffrey after a fake reverse. Cutler started hitting guys with laser beams and they started catching them, there were some great catches in there by Bennett and Marshall.

There were some bad drops in the 1st half and that impacted things but the actual play calling was solid and I was very happy with how things were progressing. I thought we were setting ourselves up for some nice plays in the 2nd half as well as some good play action. Then again, I happen to think the Bengals are the 2nd best team in the AFC with a top 5 defense so my expectations were based upon that.

We weren't playing a bunch of scrubs. That was a legit unit this team beat.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 8, 2013 -> 02:08 PM)

Speaking of which, if Jeffrey stays healthy I have zero doubt he's going to be a perennial probowl. He looks so much smoother in and out of his breaks and his hands look good (although he did fail to haul in a tough catch in the 2nd half). I'm extremely excited based upon the way the oline held up (and how for once our play calling actually put our oline in a position to perform).

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 8, 2013 -> 06:38 PM)
Marshall with 100 yards and 3 others with 40+ is nice.

I thought a big part of the reason Marshall was able to get open in the 2nd half, particularly on that 30 yard pass, was that the secondary had to respect the rest of the receiving corps. The safety couldn't just go after Marshall.

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 8, 2013 -> 06:53 PM)
Missed the end of that game, but Packers fans on my facebook are b****ing about officiating

The refs screwed up a call early in the game. The Niners probably would have won anyhow.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 8, 2013 -> 04:53 PM)
Missed the end of that game, but Packers fans on my facebook are b****ing about officiating

They got screwed on an offsetting penalty call in the first half which was a dead ball foul and should have been 4thbdown; instead, the officials had them replay 3rd down and the Niners ended up scoring a td.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 8, 2013 -> 06:58 PM)
The refs screwed up a call early in the game. The Niners probably have won anyhow.

Yup, if they had lost by 4 it would have been a big deal. With a 6 point loss it wouldn't have made a difference....Really don't see the game being played differently if they would have got the FG vs the TD, SF still would have taken the lead.

Loved seeing how quick Jay got rid of the ball today, and was overall successful doing so. Forte wasn't as big a part of the O as I imagined he will be in the future so it's a plus that they got the job done without that element of the game.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 8, 2013 -> 05:47 PM)
It was soft but it was 100% the right call. The rule might suck but that's how the game is nowadays.

Yeah, I just can't wait til a qb jukes someone by pretending to go out of bounds and then cutting it back inside...

Biggest concern of the Bears game was the lack of a pass rush. Peppers was getting double teamed and no one else stepped up. You can only expect Peanut & Jennings to do so much.

Standard Cutler game. Did well on the run, some great passes, one WTF interception.