2013-2014 NFL Thread

Minus the pick, I thought Jay was fantastic yesterday, I know this is said about him all the time but some of those throws he made, only a hand full of qb's could make...if that.

AJ Green is f***in good.

Gosox I see you lurking here...your defense looked awful yesterday. I get that Kap is a stud but yuck.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 9, 2013 -> 09:58 AM)
The experts were too quick to hand Oakland the #1 pick in 2014. Jacksonville is gonna give them a run for their money.

Playing Chad Henne will be the difference between getting the 1 pick or not for Jacksonville imo. Henne is servicable enough to win some games, Gabbert is hot garbage.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 9, 2013 -> 10:35 AM)
Minus the pick, I thought Jay was fantastic yesterday, I know this is said about him all the time but some of those throws he made, only a hand full of qb's could make...if that.

AJ Green is f***in good.

Gosox I see you lurking here...your defense looked awful yesterday. I get that Kap is a stud but yuck.

Packers defense was better yesterday then in the playoffs last year, but still not good enough. They played a lot of zone coverage to make sure Kaepernick didn't run all over them. Problem with that is Boldin kills in zone. Not having Morgan Burnett and Casey Hayward was a bigger issue than I thought it was going to be.

Not many teams are gonna go into SF right now and win. Packers had the lead in the 4th, so I think they can hang with them, but 49ers are just better right now.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Sep 9, 2013 -> 11:05 AM)
Packers defense was better yesterday then in the playoffs last year, but still not good enough. They played a lot of zone coverage to make sure Kaepernick didn't run all over them. Problem with that is Boldin kills in zone. Not having Morgan Burnett and Casey Hayward was a bigger issue than I thought it was going to be.

Not many teams are gonna go into SF right now and win. Packers had the lead in the 4th, so I think they can hang with them, but 49ers are just better right now.

Oh ya, it's definitely not panic time in GB, they played arguably the best team in football on the road, there was just so many holes in the defense yesterday, those have to get sewn up.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 9, 2013 -> 02:58 PM)
The experts were too quick to hand Oakland the #1 pick in 2014. Jacksonville is gonna give them a run for their money.

No team is as good or bad as they look in week one.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 9, 2013 -> 09:08 AM)
Oh ya, it's definitely not panic time in GB, they played arguably the best team in football on the road, there was just so many holes in the defense yesterday, those have to get sewn up.

Good luck with that.

I thought GB played about as well as you can play SF right now...I've heard a few Bears fans arguing that GB looked like s*** yesterday. I was very impressed with their performance. Yeah, they had to play zone coverage, but what is the alternative? For now, you're going to have to make CK beat you with his arm, and hope that he's off that day.

In the meantime, they scored 28 points on a SF defense that usually is going to give up half that or less.

If I was a GB fan, I'd be pretty pleased with the gameplan, the effort, and the execution...SF is just incredibly good right now.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 9, 2013 -> 01:24 PM)
Good luck with that.

I thought GB played about as well as you can play SF right now...I've heard a few Bears fans arguing that GB looked like s*** yesterday. I was very impressed with their performance. Yeah, they had to play zone coverage, but what is the alternative? For now, you're going to have to make CK beat you with his arm, and hope that he's off that day.

In the meantime, they scored 28 points on a SF defense that usually is going to give up half that or less.

If I was a GB fan, I'd be pretty pleased with the gameplan, the effort, and the execution...SF is just incredibly good right now.

I think that is being overlooked today. The Packers defense is getting grilled in the media, as they probably should, but the 49ers defense was no better. Packers put up 28 points against them and did it with only 21:28 time of possession.

I have a feeling these two teams will meet again in the playoffs.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Sep 9, 2013 -> 11:36 AM)
I think that is being overlooked today. The Packers defense is getting grilled in the media, as they probably should, but the 49ers defense was no better. Packers put up 28 points against them and did it with only 21:28 time of possession.

I have a feeling these two teams will meet again in the playoffs.

Probably will...and honestly, with these rules, and with the talent at QB both teams have, I wouldn't even say the defenses played poorly. I thought the game was well played.

Did these same media people watch the Sunday night game? Now THAT was some horrendous football.

No choice. Hes not injured, hes just rusty. The only way to overcome that is to actually play the game.

AP didnt eclipse 100 yards rushing until the 4th game last year. Then he went nuts. I believe hes quoted somewhere saying that while he was 100% healthy it took his mind time to get right and believe his knee could make the cuts.

What sucks for RGIII is that as a QB there is just so much more pressure and the coach cant really dictate when and how he gets the ball or when the other team blitzes.

Im really not sure what the Redskins are doing against the Eagles right now. Eagles dont really have the weapons to run Kelly's offense, so you probably just have to focus on Shady/Jackson and then force the rest of the Eagles to beat you.

I mean does Riley Cooper and Brent Celek scare anyone?

(Edit)

Um someone should tell Vick he probably shouldnt be throwing his shoulder into defensive ends.

Edited by Soxbadger