2013-2014 NFL Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 9, 2013 -> 06:46 PM)
Im really not sure what the Redskins are doing against the Eagles right now. Eagles dont really have the weapons to run Kelly's offense, so you probably just have to focus on Shady/Jackson and then force the rest of the Eagles to beat you.

I mean does Riley Cooper and Brent Celek scare anyone?

(Edit)

Um someone should tell Vick he probably shouldnt be throwing his shoulder into defensive ends.

Huh?

The Eagles have plenty of weapons.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 9, 2013 -> 09:52 PM)
Huh?

The Eagles have plenty of weapons.

Like who?

Jackson, Shady and Vick accounted for 342/443 yards, 77%.

Riley Cooper isnt someone who is going to threaten you on end around, bubble screen etc, same with Jason Avant.

Celek and Ertz are good players, but Kelly needs more speed players who can can get the ball quick and make people pay in the open field because eventually defenses are just going to lock onto Jackson and force Vick to go to everyone else.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 9, 2013 -> 08:00 PM)
Like who?

Jackson, Shady and Vick accounted for 342/443 yards, 77%.

Riley Cooper isnt someone who is going to threaten you on end around, bubble screen etc, same with Jason Avant.

Celek and Ertz are good players, but Kelly needs more speed players who can can get the ball quick and make people pay in the open field because eventually defenses are just going to lock onto Jackson and force Vick to go to everyone else.

But those three guys are pretty solid weapons, are they not? Celek is a pretty solid TE as well, and and the other back from Tennessee is also talented.

Im just saying that right now Kelly is inheriting a team that isnt exactly built for his offense. In a few more years I expect him to get some more speed weapons to really allow him to open the playbook.

(edit)

And same old charges lol. Guess it doesnt matter who is coaching.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Sep 10, 2013 -> 09:40 AM)
How does this ESPN QBR work? They have Cutler (4th) ranked ahead of P Manning (5th). I know Cutler had a decent game, but was he really the 4th best QB in Week 1?

It takes into account situational QB play. If you play well late in a close game, you are going to have a better QBR. It's a bit of a loaded statistic, but it serves its purpose too

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 9, 2013 -> 10:19 PM)
Im just saying that right now Kelly is inheriting a team that isnt exactly built for his offense. In a few more years I expect him to get some more speed weapons to really allow him to open the playbook.

(edit)

And same old charges lol. Guess it doesnt matter who is coaching.

Well a few years ago, the Eagles probably had the most speed of any NFL offense...they still have most of those players. Maclin has been injured like 78% of the games since they drafted him, and this year is no different I guess...

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Sep 10, 2013 -> 09:40 AM)
How does this ESPN QBR work? They have Cutler (4th) ranked ahead of P Manning (5th). I know Cutler had a decent game, but was he really the 4th best QB in Week 1?

QBR is based on when you score your TDs. So since Cutler threw a pretty clutch TD to Marshall, he gets more credit for that than Manning's TDs, most of which were just adding on to their big lead.

A lot of people don't like QBR (stat heads included).

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 10, 2013 -> 01:51 PM)
QBR is based on when you score your TDs. So since Cutler threw a pretty clutch TD to Marshall, he gets more credit for that than Manning's TDs, most of which were just adding on to their big lead.

So 7 touchdowns, 5 of which weren't entirely significant, are outweighed by 2 touchdowns, with one being most significant?

Dumbest s*** I've ever read in my life.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 10, 2013 -> 01:52 PM)
So 7 touchdowns, 5 of which weren't entirely significant, are outweighed by 2 touchdowns, with one being most significant?

Yeah it really doesn't make too much sense. It's ESPN's stat, so take that for what it's worth.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 10, 2013 -> 01:52 PM)

That 7th touchdown wasn't significant because of the 6 other touchdowns you threw, therefore you didn't perform as well!

Come on Steve, this is obviously a good metric.

Here's when I decided to just completely ignore the QBR statistic

Rodgers, whose Packers won at the Georgia Dome, completed 26 of 39 passes for 396 yards and two touchdowns. His Total QBR was 82.1.

Tebow, whose Broncos lost at home to the Chargers, completed four of 10 passes for 79 yards and a touchdown. And he ran the ball six times for 38 yards and a touchdown. And his Total QBR was 83.2.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 10, 2013 -> 01:51 PM)

I would hope that his interception when down in the 2nd half counts more than a less important interception as well.