• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 16, 2013 -> 09:01 AM)
I'm not worried about the turnovers.

Our offense looks competent, even when it is unsuccessful. Our three and outs look better than our offense has looked in years. I can't say whether it's going to be a great offense, but it doesn't suck. Very encouraging.

Our D looked vulnerable yesterday at times against a bad offense, so let's hope that gets shored up. No D-line presence whatsoever.

I guess I saw the game a little differently than you guys...I wouldn't call the Vikings offense "bad." They do have one of the best rb's of all time on it, and a pretty solid WR in Bennett. Rudolph isn't a bad TE either. Are they are greatest show on turf? No, but they do the things they do do pretty well, and that can be difficult to stop late in games.

The game plan for Minnesota is knocking them out early, so you can load up the box against their run and not care about whether they hit those short to mid-range completions or not. And realistically, we should have knocked them out early, but for some pretty rotten luck.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 16, 2013 -> 01:08 PM)
Mac & Speigs had Arkush on this afternoon and the three of them were talking about how Peppers really isn't being double-teamed this year.

It sure looked like he was double-teamed yesterday.

That said, he's entered "old and bad" territory regardless. Julius Peppers of 5 years ago laughed at double teams and f***ed quaterbacks in the ass.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 16, 2013 -> 01:12 PM)
He might be in "injured" territory right now. Hopefully whatever was bugging him all preseason heals soon.

I hope that's it. I don't know if he's being doubled all the time or not, but he was in the past and you still knew he was in the game, as he did tons of damage. Through 2 games, the average undrafted free agent DE could have made as much impact as Julius. The Bears pass rush has been pretty non existent so far.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 16, 2013 -> 12:29 PM)
I guess I saw the game a little differently than you guys...I wouldn't call the Vikings offense "bad." They do have one of the best rb's of all time on it, and a pretty solid WR in Bennett. Rudolph isn't a bad TE either. Are they are greatest show on turf? No, but they do the things they do do pretty well, and that can be difficult to stop late in games.

The game plan for Minnesota is knocking them out early, so you can load up the box against their run and not care about whether they hit those short to mid-range completions or not. And realistically, we should have knocked them out early, but for some pretty rotten luck.

You mean Jennings right?

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 16, 2013 -> 04:04 PM)
While not a bad offense, the bears have not faced an elite QB yet and still have shown a lot of easy yards. Obviously cincy we adjusted but Ponder in the second half had no problem vs. our D.

I think a big portion of why Ponder had it easy against the Bears is that the Bears were focused on not letting Peterson beat them.

That said, they still need to get to the QB.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 16, 2013 -> 10:22 AM)
Hah, I just read through the comments from the Bears game...I recognize the frustration, as I was b****ing too, but jeesh, the ire for Jay and the coaching staff in this one...

You think it was bad here try reading through the comments on talkbears...The whole play for a better pick bs spilled over to there and there was actual posts about playing McCown and going for a top 10 pick.

Bears can have a few uneducated fans.

The reality is Cutler needs to be better with the ball. The idea a 1st round pick will be better instantly is kind of nonsense.

The better idea is to draft a legitimate back up, who you can groom to be a successor if necessary. You dont need to lose to do this.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 16, 2013 -> 08:13 PM)
I think a big portion of why Ponder had it easy against the Bears is that the Bears were focused on not letting Peterson beat them.

That said, they still need to get to the QB.

I mean, that's pretty much every team vs. the vikes and yet Ponder still has horrible numbers against most all teams.

The Bears have the worst 3rd down defense in the league. Teams are converting roughly 52% of 3rd downs against us. Good thing they still force turnovers and make stops when we need it. But there is definitely room for improvement, which is encouraging considering we're 2-0 against teams who made the playoffs last year.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Sep 16, 2013 -> 09:37 PM)
Why not just trade Bennett and make Wilson active? He can't be much worse.

I think that is what they want to do. Bennett has to do something though, he isn't getting much in way of targets

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 16, 2013 -> 06:45 PM)
Jaguars @ Seahawks (-19.5)

Haven't seen a spread like that since the 16-0 Patriots

Fully expect them to cover. If Seattle earns homefield advantage they will be Super Bowl Bound. Scary part is Clemons, Irvin, and Harvin haven't played a snap yet.