2013-2014 NFL Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (scs787 @ Sep 19, 2013 -> 12:37 PM)
Thing I don't get is they were gonna be in the running for those 3 anyway, and they'd have TRich....Certainly a puzzling move to me.

Cause they're really bad and rb's in todays nfl are not very important(there are obvious exceptions), load up on picks and rebuild, makes perfect sense to me.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 19, 2013 -> 12:47 PM)
Cause they're really bad and rb's in todays nfl are not very important(there are obvious exceptions), load up on picks and rebuild, makes perfect sense to me.

And Richardson was picked by the old GM. Maybe the new GM doesn't view him as anything special and decided to get something back for him while he still had value. It all comes down to what they do with the Colts pick, if they don't screw it up as so many past Browns GMs have done.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 19, 2013 -> 01:33 PM)
I actually dont like either of those RB's. Why isnt Sankey a franchise back? He's not small and he produces.

But I also agree that '15 is deep, and that would be the class to grab a RB if you could, i'm assuming both Gordon and Gurley come out and I love both of those guys. For some reason I think Cle is set on getting yet another QB in '14.

Sankey reminds me of Ingram.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Sep 19, 2013 -> 12:37 PM)
I don't think that's even a question. Bridgewater if they're lucky, Boyd or Hundley are the "consultation" prizes.

So do you have to consult someone or be consulted to get Boyd or Hundley?

:)

(I also think Manziel is going to be a good pro QB. I love him)

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 19, 2013 -> 02:17 PM)
So do you have to consult someone or be consulted to get Boyd or Hundley?

:)

(I also think Manziel is going to be a good pro QB. I love him)

Yes, you must first with consult with several experts about making the decision between the 2, whereas Bridgewater is a no doubter.

=p

Really gotta do some consulting when it comes to Manziel though, that's a given.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 19, 2013 -> 12:15 PM)
Serious Q: how good do people think Richardson is? Between him being banged up last year and the fact that he's on the Browns I didn't see or hear much about him. Obviously the Colts saw something they liked about him but does anyone have an impression of what the Colts just got and how impactful it will be?

Its hard to tell, Richardson was solid for Bama, but when I watched him I never thought "special".

It just seems line Richardson has always been hurt. And he isn't an elusive scat back, he is a banger. Guys like that tend to knock themselves out of the league because they simply cannot stay healthy due to their style of play.

That being said, I think he gives the Colts much better production than they were going to get, if he stays healthy of course. It isn't like Cleveland where opposing defenses are going for him and only him.

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 19, 2013 -> 07:49 PM)
It's very odd to get rid of a guy after only two games, though. Something must have happened.

Yeah, they suck and decided to clean house.

Richardson is perfect for the Colts offense, Cleveland gets a second 1st round pick to go for a QB.. I thought it was a great trade for both teams

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 19, 2013 -> 09:35 PM)
Ingram- 295 rushes 1107 yards 10 TDs, 3.8 YPC, 1 fumble

Richardson- 298 rushse 1055 yards 11 TDs, 3.5 YPC, 3 fumbles

It's interesting to see the similarities statistically, but it only tells part of the story. Ingram plays in a much more prolific offense and has played a season longer. No teams stack the box against the Saints, whereas that's what Richardson faced every game. Also, Ingram doesn't catch the ball like Richardson does. Richardson is a true 3-down back. Add in T-Rich's receiving stats, and I think that tells much more.

Richardson - 58 catches, 418 yards, 1 TD

Ingram - 17 catches, 77 yards, 0 TD

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 20, 2013 -> 07:33 AM)
Chiefs have some talent on both sides of the ball. Now that they are finally healthy and they have a pro quarterback, watch out.

It was fairly obvious watching the game last night which team had an NFL coach that has 10+ years of experience and which had a rookie head coach with a very explosive system.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 20, 2013 -> 08:53 AM)
It was fairly obvious watching the game last night which team had an NFL coach that has 10+ years of experience and which had a rookie head coach with a very explosive system.

Also, it was fairly obvious why everyone shouldn't freak out about one good week if it happens in week 1. Vick is still Vick. There's been only one season where he shed the turnover problems. That there's an outlier.

During Barry Sanders’ 10-year career, he averaged 4.98 yards per carry, scored a rushing touchdown every 0.64 games and averaged 2.30 receptions per game. Through LeSean McCoy’s four-plus seasons, he’s averaged 4.75 yards per carry, scored a rushing touchdown every 0.52 games and averaged 3.70 receptions per game.