2013 Spring Training catch all thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Feb 15, 2013 -> 02:14 PM)
anyone heading to Glendale this spring?

Yup, My wife and I will be there on the 21st for the Brewers game. We go every year while we visit family.

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Feb 15, 2013 -> 06:06 PM)
Kevin Millar believes the Sox are underrated playoff contenders.

He is a good guy and alot of fun. I worked with the Kane County Cougars in the mid-90's and it had him, Josh Beckett, Ryan Dempster, Mike Remond and a few others. It was one of the most fun I ever had working with a team. They had one of those murder mysteries at the ballpark that year and most of them participated. It was an umpire murdered in the dugout.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Feb 15, 2013 -> 07:26 PM)
He is a good guy and alot of fun. I worked with the Kane County Cougars in the mid-90's and it had him, Josh Beckett, Ryan Dempster, Mike Remond and a few others. It was one of the most fun I ever had working with a team. They had one of those murder mysteries at the ballpark that year and most of them participated. It was an umpire murdered in the dugout.

In 1995 a friend of mine worked at Funway in Batavia, and we used to dress up as the Funway mascots and run around KCC Stadium with Ozzie the Cougar. It was brutally hot but we had a lot of fun.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 15, 2013 -> 08:40 PM)
In 1995 a friend of mine worked at Funway in Batavia, and we used to dress up as the Funway mascots and run around KCC Stadium with Ozzie the Cougar. It was brutally hot but we had a lot of fun.

I was there at that time.

I have a couple things....I have heard rumors on the score this week that Beckham looks a lot bigger and has put on over 15 pounds. He has been a guy in the past who loses a ton of weight during the season. Has anyone seen a story about this anywhere?

Also, with Dewayne Wise probably a lock to make the roster, what happens with Blake Tekotte? Does he just go into the Charlotte OF? I like him as a big time stole base threat off the bench.

Is Jordan Danks out of options?

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Feb 16, 2013 -> 03:54 PM)
I have a couple things....I have heard rumors on the score this week that Beckham looks a lot bigger and has put on over 15 pounds. He has been a guy in the past who loses a ton of weight during the season. Has anyone seen a story about this anywhere?

Also, with Dewayne Wise probably a lock to make the roster, what happens with Blake Tekotte? Does he just go into the Charlotte OF? I like him as a big time stole base threat off the bench.

Is Jordan Danks out of options?

Danks, who batted .224 in 50 games, has minor league options. Outfielder Blake Tekotte, acquired last month from the San Diego organization, likely will start 2013 in the minors to work on an adjustment in his swing, Hahn said.
Link

Dunn often walked away from at-bats kicking himself for letting hittable pitches go by early in counts.

"That's going to be an emphasis this spring, trying to be more aggressive, not get myself too deep into counts,'' Dunn said Sunday, "instead of being so selective early -- especially on the first pitch.''

Dunn's .204 average was 36 points below his career mark. His .333 on-base percentage was .37 points below his career norm. Manager Robin Ventura is OK with the walks dropping as long as the hits increase.

Link

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 17, 2013 -> 04:40 PM)

That was my biggest gripe with him last year. Obviously, I know he is not a contact hitter and strikes out a lot, but it seemed like he was quite frequently taking straight fastballs right down the middle and falling behind in counts resulting in him chasing pitches out of the zone for striekouts

QUOTE (Cali @ Feb 16, 2013 -> 06:08 PM)
I think I remember Gordon putting on some muscle before the '10 season. Or maybe '11. Which ever season it was where he had a hot week to start off the season then went into the crapper.

This happens pretty much every year. Gordon starts out hot, starts sucking by mid April.