2013 Spring Training catch all thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Mar 24, 2013 -> 01:36 AM)
"I just threw 106 pitches and I am healthy," Peavy said. "I did get tired that last inning. That was pretty obvious. When I dove for a ball, it knocked the wind out of me a bit. I am super excited about the way the ball is coming out of my hand."

Clearly, pitching will not be an issue for the 2013 Chicago White Sox. :wub:

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can add about 3-4 wins now onto to our predicted season total as we won't have to face Cy Chen unless they spot start him just for us.

Bruce Chen will start the season pitching out of the bullpen.

Chen lost out to Luis Mendoza for the final spot in the starting rotation. The veteran left-hander had minimal fantasy value as a starter and he'll be rendered irrelevant out of the bullpen.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 25, 2013 -> 09:28 AM)
Next Monday-- 52 and sunny.

Keep it right there.

You must have been looking at the wrong day, yesterday the projected high was 41 for Monday, but 54 for Sunday and 52 for Tuesday.

Today the Monday high down to 38...yikes.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Mar 26, 2013 -> 11:11 AM)
You must have been looking at the wrong day, yesterday the projected high was 41 for Monday, but 54 for Sunday and 52 for Tuesday.

Today the Monday high down to 38...yikes.

Yep, it's been downgraded since then. I look at accuweather.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/chicago-i...?monyr=4/1/2013

Hopefully they are able to play Wednesday and Thursday, otherwise it will mean a doubleheader in late July.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Mar 26, 2013 -> 11:39 AM)
This is good news. Need to find a way to cool off KC when they come out of AZ. Those guys are swinging the f'n bats.

We have two ways to cool off those hot bats. They are named Sale & Peavy.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Mar 26, 2013 -> 01:23 PM)
What kind of ticket do you need to buy to have access to the patio area above the bar in right field?

If you are talking about USCF, you need to get down there as soon as the gates open, and be the first people in line. Then it is $10 to get in, first come first serve. That is an addition to whatever you paid for your ticket to get into the ballpark.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 26, 2013 -> 02:29 PM)
If you are talking about USCF, you need to get down there as soon as the gates open, and be the first people in line. Then it is $10 to get in, first come first serve. That is an addition to whatever you paid for your ticket to get into the ballpark.

Ok thanks. Working on planning my midwest trip to Cleveland/Chicago/Milwaukee

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 26, 2013 -> 01:29 PM)

What does that $10 get you? Just the chance to sit there?

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Mar 26, 2013 -> 01:23 PM)
What kind of ticket do you need to buy to have access to the patio area above the bar in right field?

I think that is being upgraded to an all you can eat group area this year. Maybe on days they aren't booked the $10 deal applies.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/ticket...party_porch.jsp

Edited by Dick Allen

I think if I was the White Sox brain trust, I would call Wilbur Wood. I'd say "Wilbur, we got this guy with a bad shoulder who throws a great change up named John Danks. Can you come down to Phoenix and teach him how to throw the knuckle ball?

We'd greatly appreciate it.