2013 MLB Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 12, 2013 -> 12:20 PM)
I think we'll start hearing about this right after the arbitration ruling in November.

Yeah, obviously they aren't going to be publicly talking about it right now. They will wait until his suspension is official.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone see what's been happening with the A's and Rangers and Adam Rosales?

He was designated by the A's and the Rangers claimed him. Then he was DFA'd by the Rangers and the A's claimed him back. Then he was DFA'd by the A's again and the Rangers claimed him again!

Poor guy probably doesn't know what to cheer for at this point :)

While this may go down as one of the worst White Sox seasons in recent memory, I feel like it's one of the better baseball seasons in a while. There are some teams playing great ball right now and not a clear head-and-shoulders-above-the-rest favorite among them. Dodgers, Braves, Rangers, Tigers, even the A's and now possibly the Royals getting hot at the right time...shaping up to be an intriguing finish and hopefully a great October.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 13, 2013 -> 12:31 PM)
While this may go down as one of the worst White Sox seasons in recent memory, I feel like it's one of the better baseball seasons in a while. There are some teams playing great ball right now and not a clear head-and-shoulders-above-the-rest favorite among them. Dodgers, Braves, Rangers, Tigers, even the A's and now possibly the Royals getting hot at the right time...shaping up to be an intriguing finish and hopefully a great October.

There really are a lot of good races going on in the AL.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 12, 2013 -> 02:42 PM)
Anyone see what's been happening with the A's and Rangers and Adam Rosales?

He was designated by the A's and the Rangers claimed him. Then he was DFA'd by the Rangers and the A's claimed him back. Then he was DFA'd by the A's again and the Rangers claimed him again!

Poor guy probably doesn't know what to cheer for at this point :)

Saw that on MLB Network today. He said he was at least happy that his car was still in Texas. :lol:

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 14, 2013 -> 08:33 AM)
Pick him up Rick! Give us something exciting to watch the last 1.5 months.

Manny hit .259 with a .698 OPS in AAA in the Pacific Coast League. We can call up Jared Mitchell if we want that level of excitement.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 14, 2013 -> 08:19 AM)
Manny hit .259 with a .698 OPS in AAA in the Pacific Coast League. We can call up Jared Mitchell if we want that level of excitement.

Whatever, I doubt Mitchell has a 1/10 of the personality Manny does. Who cares about numbers at this point? (Maybe I should have said entertaining instead of exciting)

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 14, 2013 -> 01:27 PM)
Blue Jays-Official ‏@BlueJays 1h

The @BlueJays have traded IF/OF EMILIO BONIFACIO to the Kansas City Royals for a player to be named later or cash considerations.

Pack your bags Chris Getz

QUOTE (farmteam @ Aug 16, 2013 -> 01:21 PM)
Barring him suddenly winning a bunch of World Series with the Phillies, I still think he ends back up with the Cubs at some point.

Unless he impresses him in an interview, I don't Theo as the type to bring in an old fan favorite to coach.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 16, 2013 -> 02:32 PM)
Unless he impresses him in an interview, I don't Theo as the type to bring in an old fan favorite to coach.

If rebuilding keeps being the theme for the next couple years the fanbase is going to really get impatient and Theo will need a scalp to present to them to keep the heat off of himself.