southsider2k5

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, this is just asinine

Diamondbacks owner forces Dodgers fans to change clothes or move seats

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-leag...html#more-74437

Due to the high visibility of the home plate box, we ask opposing team's fans when they purchase those seats to refrain from wearing that team's colors. During last night's game, when Ken Kendrick noticed the fans there, he offered them another suite if they preferred to remain in their Dodger gear. When they chose to stay, he bought them all D-backs gear and a round of drinks and requested that they abide by our policy and they obliged.

Astros leading the Angels again. Former Sox hurler Lucas Harrell on the mound, haha.

2-0 Stros in the bottom of the 5th.

Angels' rookie Luis Jimenez just got his first major league hit...a blooper to put runners on 2nd and 3rd for LAA.

Strikes out JB Shuck to avoid facing Trout with bases loaded.

Former Sox Cris Carter with his 4th homer to account for the 2 runs.

Edited by caulfield12

Josh Hamilton solo homer follows a Pujols GIDP (Trout Farm had singled to begin the inning).

Should have sent Trout...he seems more hesitant to steal bases so far this year, plus he hasn't been getting on base as much to establish a rhythm.

2-1 Astros into the 7th.

Will be a battle of the bullpens. Harrell only ended up giving up the one run.

Anyone want that Pujols contract? CJ Wilson still hasn't won a game, either.

HOU with 213 losses the last two seasons combined. Most losses in back to back seasons since the 64-65 Mets. Went 4-34 in one stretch last year. How is that even POSSIBLE?

Edited by caulfield12

Talent trumps tenaciousness.

This time, Pujols delivers the game winner with two out in the bottom of the 9th, plating Jimenez and Trout, who'd reached on an infield single.

Almost had more fun cheering for the undermanned Astros against the Western Evil Empire than the White Sox yesterday.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-leag...11649--mlb.html

Quentin's twitter feed hacked...I liked the line "went all psychopathic like The Punisher"

(@missnighthawk on Twitter)

Granted, this is a very tame alteration, which is part of the reason why we can bring it to you, but it's still pretty funny. It's also factually correct, or at least the part about Nick Blackburn being the pitcher who's hit him the most is correct.

In 37 plate appearances, Blackburn has drilled Quentin four times. That's a pretty high rate, though not as high as Quentin's batting average (.419) against him. Quentin has also homered three times against the Minnesota Twins right-hander.

Three different pitchers have plunked Quentin three times. Of course Zack Greinke is the most notable name in that group for several reasons. Jon Lester of the Boston Red Sox is also on that short list. But if there was one person who should be truly watching his back, it would be Erik Bedard. He's equaled that total in just nine plate appearances.

Maybe it's just me, but if a guy is hitting me every third plate appearance on average, that's the one I'd be seeking answers from.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 14, 2013 -> 05:16 AM)
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-leag...11649--mlb.html

Quentin's twitter feed hacked...I liked the line "went all psychopathic like The Punisher"

(@missnighthawk on Twitter)

Granted, this is a very tame alteration, which is part of the reason why we can bring it to you, but it's still pretty funny. It's also factually correct, or at least the part about Nick Blackburn being the pitcher who's hit him the most is correct.

In 37 plate appearances, Blackburn has drilled Quentin four times. That's a pretty high rate, though not as high as Quentin's batting average (.419) against him. Quentin has also homered three times against the Minnesota Twins right-hander.

Three different pitchers have plunked Quentin three times. Of course Zack Greinke is the most notable name in that group for several reasons. Jon Lester of the Boston Red Sox is also on that short list. But if there was one person who should be truly watching his back, it would be Erik Bedard. He's equaled that total in just nine plate appearances.

Maybe it's just me, but if a guy is hitting me every third plate appearance on average, that's the one I'd be seeking answers from.

I hope quentin breaks his shoulder too. These pitchers often don't get what's coming to them. Whether Zack tried to hit him this time or not, he has certainly tried in the past.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Apr 13, 2013 -> 05:26 PM)

Due to the high visibility of the home plate box, we ask opposing team's fans when they purchase those seats to refrain from wearing that team's colors. During last night's game, when Ken Kendrick noticed the fans there, he offered them another suite if they preferred to remain in their Dodger gear. When they chose to stay, he bought them all D-backs gear and a round of drinks and requested that they abide by our policy and they obliged.

There is nothing wrong with that, imo.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Apr 13, 2013 -> 05:26 PM)

He handled this with class. Nothing wrong with it.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 14, 2013 -> 01:04 PM)
Mets-Twins PPD til 8/19. Year-long interleague play!! Less travel!!!

No!!!

Interleague Tally through 4/14:

AL- 3

NL- 8

You mean a team had a rainout in april and moved the game to august? They moved a game from a time when people are still in school to the middle of the summer when it's actually a great time to go to a game? Never!

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 14, 2013 -> 12:06 PM)
You mean a team had a rainout in april and moved the game to august? They moved a game from a time when people are still in school to the middle of the summer when it's actually a great time to go to a game? Never!

Separate issues. Fine, they have bad weather and have to make it up. That happens.

These "one off" series year round when teams don't face each other again will cause more travel issues for teams, while they claim the unbalanced schedule helps with travel. It could be good for some teams and worse for others.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 14, 2013 -> 01:10 PM)
Separate issues. Fine, they have bad weather and have to make it up. That happens.

These "one off" series year round when teams don't face each other again will cause more travel issues for teams, while they claim the unbalanced schedule helps with travel. It could be good for some teams and worse for others.

But they'll also sell 5k more tickets.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 14, 2013 -> 12:14 PM)
But they'll also sell 5k more tickets.

Again, separate issues.

Both teams lose an off day, and the Mets have to make a one day trip there.

It's a bigger gamble with the schedule now that there are more one and done series.

QUOTE (balfanman @ Apr 2, 2013 -> 04:09 PM)
Wasn't Walker still touted as the firstbaseman of the future at that time, or was this after Walker?

I think this was after Walker was already the 1st baseman fulltime.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 14, 2013 -> 12:04 PM)
Mets-Twins PPD til 8/19. Year-long interleague play!! Less travel!!!

No!!!

Interleague Tally through 4/14:

AL- 3

NL- 8

And now the Mets go to Colorado for four games, their only series in Denver. Forecast all week is no higher than 43 degrees with rain/snow every day.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 14, 2013 -> 12:06 PM)

I think technically it was a snow-out. Jebus I'm ready for this weather to be over.