2013 MLB Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/boxscore?gid=330509118

Astros on the verge of beating the Angels three in a row. Our old friend Lucas Harrell was the starter.

Something has to give out in Anaheim, either Dipoto or Scioscia. Last year, they made Scioscia fire Mickey Hatcher as the hitting instructor.

Amazingly, the Astros would pull to within 1/2 game behind LA if they sweep.

And things are just about as bleak in Dodgerland. Crazy.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ May 10, 2013 -> 07:47 AM)
That got mentioned in the game thread, but I haven't seen anything since then.

I was going more for nationally, especially with a second homer call being blown the very next day.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ May 10, 2013 -> 07:38 AM)
What is with the umpires this year? There's no excuse for letting that happen.

Angel Garcia is a notorious douchebag.

I think baseball would rather live with the mistake than make their umpires look bad and reverse the call and do it over.

Although the umpires clearly already look bad

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 10, 2013 -> 08:00 AM)
I was going more for nationally, especially with a second homer call being blown the very next day.

As soon as the one happened Wednesday night, a few national baseball writers brought up that he also blew a HR call on Monday, except none of them mentioned it was the Sox or Alexei, just that a HR call was blown 2 days prior.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 10, 2013 -> 09:56 PM)
So far, Shelby Miller has been fantastic this season.

I envy the Cardinals organization. They never rebuild , yet they never spend in free agency. They just constantly produce winners either with guys from their system or very shrewd FA signings.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 10, 2013 -> 09:03 PM)
I envy the Cardinals organization. They never rebuild , yet they never spend in free agency. They just constantly produce winners either with guys from their system or very shrewd FA signings.

And that huge decision to part ways with Pujols was definitely the right one.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 11, 2013 -> 04:03 AM)

Cano would be an incredible fit there if he hits free agency and Cards decide to use the money coming off the books on a superstar.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 10, 2013 -> 10:07 PM)
Cano would be an incredible fit there if he hits free agency and Cards decide to use the money coming off the books on a superstar.

That's true, but after Jay-Z signed him, he will be a Yankee for life.

BOO!!!!

Good thing they cut from the live feed on the radio, lol.

Nothing like poor offense except for one inning, non-existent hitting with RISP, more bad defense, passed balls, pitchers not covering home plate, 3 1/2 hour long games that must have seemed like 4 1/2 or 5 in the cold (imagine being in the upper deck tonight?)...

Just more general badness.

We don't have any threats off the bench (from the RH side) to counter someone like Frieri.

Kahn or whatever his name is was throwing some nice and easy GAS, that's for sure.

"Be mindful of this, folks, the White Sox will play hard tomorrow." Nice ending there, Farmio, as you signed off.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 10, 2013 -> 10:03 PM)

Holliday & Beltran were not cheap.