2013 MLB Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Jun 11, 2013 -> 10:26 PM)
Mark McGwire is a BAD man haha.

He was striking fear into some of those guys out there.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?g...&mode=video

The whole 7 minute 20 second sequence.

And Greinke's slide was hilarious to take out Gregorious.

At least Mattingly was smart enough to take him out of the game before he pitched the next half inning.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseball/mlb...0,3400656.story

I didn't see the punch Puig took at Eric Hinske. You can see Ward and Howell at the camera well, Bellisario going crazy (next to Uribe), Mattlingly pushing Alan Trammell down to the ground. Lucky that McGwire, Baylor, Gibson and Matt Williams didn't have an all-out brawl, those are some big dudes.

Edited by caulfield12

So when Greinke hits Sox (or ex-Sox) batters with a 0-2 count, he always claims it was an accident, and why would he want to do that when he had them 0-2, etc. And everyone seems ready to believe him. So when Kennedy hits Puig with a 0-2 pitch, all Greinke's teammates are just so SURE that it was on purpose. "If you can't pitch inside without hitting someone in the head, you shouldn't pitch inside," Mattingly said. Same goes for your guy, douchebag. No surprise that Greinke is involved in yet another incident of hitting batters. This guy is a tool.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 12, 2013 -> 07:30 AM)
So Kennedy plunks Puig in the face and then throws at Greinke's face, too? Guy should be banned.

Buzzing the tower on Puig might have just been a way of getting his attention, like hey rookie, welcome to the big leagues.

The shot at Greinke's head was 100% intentional.

There's that code in baseball where you throw behind someone, or below the chest...but never neck/face/shoulders high.

Can just imagine the damage to the game of baseball of a Rocky Colavito type situation with Puig after the first 10 days of his big league career.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 12, 2013 -> 08:42 AM)
Buzzing the tower on Puig might have just been a way of getting his attention, like hey rookie, welcome to the big leagues.

The shot at Greinke's head was 100% intentional.

There's that code in baseball where you throw behind someone, or below the chest...but never neck/face/shoulders high.

Can just imagine the damage to the game of baseball of a Rocky Colavito type situation with Puig after the first 10 days of his big league career.

????

Do you mean Joe charboneau?

um, how can anyone point at the dodgers for being at fault on this one? Kennedy hit Puig in the FACE, so Greinke hit someone in the back. That's normal baseball guys. THEN Kennedy intentionally hits the opposing PITCHER in the same shoulder he just came back from an injury for. THAT'S the most dickish move of this whole thing.

I'm on Greinke's side this time

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jun 12, 2013 -> 05:36 PM)
um, how can anyone point at the dodgers for being at fault on this one? Kennedy hit Puig in the FACE, so Greinke hit someone in the back. That's normal baseball guys. THEN Kennedy intentionally hits the opposing PITCHER in the same shoulder he just came back from an injury for. THAT'S the most dickish move of this whole thing.

I'm on Greinke's side this time

There's a long series going back with the Dodgers and Diamondbacks at least 2 years, with Kennedy and Kershaw both involved with hitting people worth remembering too.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 12, 2013 -> 03:44 PM)
There's a long series going back with the Dodgers and Diamondbacks at least 2 years, with Kennedy and Kershaw both involved with hitting people worth remembering too.

I know there's history, and i dont care, you don't hit the other pitcher, and if you really feel like you have to, you don't go after his recently surgically repaired shoulder. that's just pathetic.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jun 12, 2013 -> 04:53 PM)
I know there's history, and i dont care, you don't hit the other pitcher, and if you really feel like you have to, you don't go after his recently surgically repaired shoulder. that's just pathetic.

If said pitcher is throwing at your guys, he is the best target.

What is the difference between what made ZG throw at someone and his hitting Quentin, when many said Quentin was out of line, no one tries to hit you 0-2? Wasn't it 0-2 when Puig got hit?

Greinke got what he deserved from Quentin, and he got what he deserved here.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 12, 2013 -> 03:44 PM)

Pretty sure it was Kershaw and Gerardo Parra.

They brought that up yesterday during the broadcast as well.

Dodgers' radio announcers were freaking out that Kershaw, Greinke or Puig were going to get injured in the scrum/fight.

Edited by caulfield12

Patrick Corbin can dunk a basketball at 6'2" from standstill position...pretty impressive athlete. Was a basketball star when he was younger.

Oh, the Angels wish they had him back, 9-0 this year and 3rd in the NL in ERA (Kershaw/S. Miller).

LHers batting .138 against him.

John Boles, former Dodgers' scout and then with the Marlins..."His ceiling as a player in the Sistine Chapel." Love that quote from Vin Scully.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jun 12, 2013 -> 04:53 PM)

If he doesn't want to get hit, then maybe he should stop starting fights he can't finish.