2013 MLB Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 15, 2013 -> 09:01 AM)
Youk back on the DL. He has been hurt and awful. The Sox did play the Youk card perfectly. Gave up nothing to get him, paid him very little, and discarded him when they would have had to pay him to be awful and injured.

Herniated disk in his back, needs surgery, out 10-12 weeks now.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 19, 2013 -> 03:10 PM)
My prediction that the Orioles would regress this season certainly didn't account for Chris Davis becoming the white Miguel Cabrera.

I get to keep two guys in my fantasy league...I kept Hamilton n Posey from last season. With the way Josh is playing thank god I drafted Davis.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 23, 2013 -> 01:26 PM)
Blue Jays are going to win 11 in a row. That's one way of getting back into it.

Maybe the Sox should try that. Or maybe a 26-5 like a few years ago.

STOP. It's just not going to happen with this year's team.

Not until we're 20 GB.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 23, 2013 -> 02:26 PM)
Blue Jays are going to win 11 in a row. That's one way of getting back into it.

Maybe the Sox should try that. Or maybe a 26-5 like a few years ago.

Despite the "down" years from Boston & New York, the AL East is the best division in baseball again.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 23, 2013 -> 07:12 PM)
Despite the "down" years from Boston & New York, the AL East is the best division in baseball again.

What makes them the best division is that there are no bad teams, but I wouldn't say any team in that division is great.

The NL Central has three teams with better records than the best team in the AL East.

It depends on your point of view. I'd take the cream of the NL Central over the consistency of the AL East.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 23, 2013 -> 08:15 PM)
What makes them the best division is that there are no bad teams, but I wouldn't say any team in that division is great.

The NL Central has three teams with better records than the best team in the AL East.

It depends on your point of view. I'd take the cream of the NL Central over the consistency of the AL East.

Those teams are good, but they are helped by the suckiness of the Cubs & Brewers. St. Louis is 12-4 against those two teams. Cincinnati is 15-4. Pittsburgh is 12-7.

Those teams are good, but they are helped by the suckiness of the Cubs & Brewers. St. Louis is 12-4 against those two teams. Cincinnati is 15-4. Pittsburgh is 12-7.

Yeah, just wait until the Tigers get to start playing the last place team in their division and see what that does for their record.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 23, 2013 -> 06:12 PM)

It will be interesting when the season is over to see how it pans out with the Blue Jays. I always wonder like 20 years from now they will tinker with this division to create "parity" or add a few expansion teams to create 4 divisions and put more teams in the playoffs.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jun 24, 2013 -> 11:33 PM)
Dusty Baker destroying another pitcher.

Cingriani now up pitching in relief.

Why. God. does he have a job?

and why does he HATE rookies so much?

I agree that I don't like seeing him in the bullpen, but let's be realistic here.

Cueto, 8 GS, 3.21 ERA.

Latos, 16 GS, 3.05 ERA

Arroyo, 15 GS, 3.13 ERA

Leake, 15 GS, 2.61 ERA

Bailey, 15 GS, 3.75 ERA

Cingrani needs to be starting, but that Reds rotation is dope