2013 MLB Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the unofficial halfway point (most teams have played alteast 81 games), your best team: the Pittsburgh Pirates.

At 21 games over .500, they would have to fall completely on their faces for a 3rd straight year to not finish above .500 for the first time in 20 years.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 1, 2013 -> 11:42 AM)
After the unofficial halfway point (most teams have played alteast 81 games), your best team: the Pittsburgh Pirates.

At 21 games over .500, they would have to fall completely on their faces for a 3rd straight year to not finish above .500 for the first time in 20 years.

The Pirates... find a way.

jeff_goldblum_2.jpeg

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 1, 2013 -> 11:42 AM)

Which will make it even funnier when they collapse and don't make the playoffs again.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 1, 2013 -> 01:32 PM)
Which will make it even funnier when they collapse and don't make the playoffs again.

Do they see themselves as more legit this year than in previous years? I.e. are they going to look for better deadline additions than "washed-up Derrick Lee" and guys like that?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 1, 2013 -> 03:31 PM)
Do they see themselves as more legit this year than in previous years? I.e. are they going to look for better deadline additions than "washed-up Derrick Lee" and guys like that?

Lee was actually really good for them that year. Anyways, their team is much, much better this year than in previous years. Better and deeper pitching staff, more talent offensively. They could still use a bat in RF, and I'd have no problem taking on the "busts" that are James McDonald and Travis Snider.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 1, 2013 -> 03:31 PM)

I'm not sold on Locke & Morton and Liriano is always due for a meltdown. They could use AJ Burnett to return. But if Melancon & Grilli can keep up their Politte/Cotts act, I guess they could hang in there this time.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 1, 2013 -> 11:26 PM)
Astros are worse. 3.5. About to be 4.

Wouldn't that be a kick in the nuts if the Sox get the #1 pick? I hope it happens.

A kick in the nuts? Hell no, that'd be amazing. A kick in the nuts would be the Sox having a great second half and ending up with the 17th pick next year. Last thing we need to mid-round picks.

Are there any Harper type monsters coming out next year? :-D

The thing about the stros and Marlins is that they actually have young talent that should get better as the season moves along. The White Sox, if you expect them to trade some of their only decent assets, could easily wind up losing 100 games.

GO TEAM GO!

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 2, 2013 -> 06:52 AM)
Are there any Harper type monsters coming out next year? :-D

The thing about the stros and Marlins is that they actually have young talent that should get better as the season moves along. The White Sox, if you expect them to trade some of their only decent assets, could easily wind up losing 100 games.

GO TEAM GO!

Rodon, the LHP from NC State....but there haven't really been any hitters that have emerged yet as candidates for the top pick, but a million things can change between now and next June.

There's nobody right now viewed as better than Bryant, for example, the Cubs' pick this year.

Edited by caulfield12