2013 Cubs catch all thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 17, 2013 -> 07:47 PM)
How much confidence do you have in Edwin Jackson holding that lead?

Actually...can't believe it, but Edwin Jackson's still "only" 29. It seems like he has been around forever...well...because he has.

This Mets offense is pretty awful.

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 19, 2013 -> 02:51 PM)
Sox will get their chance very soon to try and do some damage off of Cy Wood and Cy Feldman. Wood is having an incredible season.
Wood has pitched very well suprised me so far.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 19, 2013 -> 03:51 PM)
Sox will get their chance very soon to try and do some damage off of Cy Wood and Cy Feldman. Wood is having an incredible season.

He's got a K/BB around 2.5, and an incredibly low BABIP.

He's having a very good year, but his ERA is misleading. xFIP has him in the mid 4's.

Edited by Chilihead90

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ May 21, 2013 -> 10:20 PM)
He's got a K/BB around 2.5, and an incredibly low BABIP.

He's having a very good year, but his ERA is misleading. xFIP has him in the mid 4's.

Oh yeah, he's going to come crashing back hard. He's still having a pretty crazy season and he's a good pitcher. Just not low 2's ERA good.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 23, 2013 -> 10:06 PM)
lol. You can't hide in 2013. I guarantee you that dude's name, life, personal info, etc gets out and he's gonna be embarrassed as f***.

That s*** happened last season. Guy got found, called out, ended up doing a live chat with Deadspin, where it turned out he was an uninteresting loser.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 23, 2013 -> 10:31 PM)
That s*** happened last season. Guy got found, called out, ended up doing a live chat with Deadspin, where it turned out he was an uninteresting loser.

I see. But yeah. You definitely got to be careful out in public now. I don't even drink at bars anymore (I act a fool when I'm drunk) because dumbasses are takin' pics or recording with their phones and uploading it to youtube.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 23, 2013 -> 10:37 PM)
I see. But yeah. You definitely got to be careful out in public now. I don't even drink at bars anymore (I act a fool when I'm drunk) because dumbasses are takin' pics or recording with their phones and uploading it to youtube.

Understood. When you are the love of Snooki's life, everybody is trying to shoot you down in public.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 27, 2013 -> 10:31 PM)
Dick Allen, I guess samardzija is back to being hot garbage again...

We will see how it all turns out. He shut down the White Sox. He was great last night, but a lot of pitchers have shut down the White Sox. It takes a little longer to really be considered what you consider him.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 24, 2013 -> 01:42 PM)
You know that your rebuilding process is in full swing when Ryan Sweeney is hitting in the cleanup spot.

It was interesting. They were showing the stats Sox vs Cubs on the season. The Cubs were right around the Sox in all the interesting categories (average, ops, runs score, homers, era, etc). The only difference is that the White Sox are in a s*** division.

The Cubs have a better offense despite the fact that they have pitchers hitting.

Yet people on this board are making fun of them - at least they're in a rebuild. The White Sox have no youth other than Chris Sale worth getting excited about at all.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 28, 2013 -> 09:31 AM)
We will see how it all turns out. He shut down the White Sox. He was great last night, but a lot of pitchers have shut down the White Sox. It takes a little longer to really be considered what you consider him.

He's done more than shut down the Sox. Stats last year pretty good, stats this year pretty good. I consider him not "hot garbage." I guess it depends on your definition, but I don't really think it's an argument.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 28, 2013 -> 09:38 AM)
He's done more than shut down the Sox. Stats last year pretty good, stats this year pretty good. I consider him not "hot garbage." I guess it depends on your definition, but I don't really think it's an argument.

I think the whole thing started when everyone was singing his praises last year, I mentioned I would trade him because up until last season, he pretty much was hot garbage. In fact, after I mentioned it, he did struggle a bit. Now some media is comparing him to Verlander. If other MLB teams think that, I still think the Cubs should trade him. Of course I may be a little biased as I hate the Cubs and hate ND.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 28, 2013 -> 09:32 AM)
It was interesting. They were showing the stats Sox vs Cubs on the season. The Cubs were right around the Sox in all the interesting categories (average, ops, runs score, homers, era, etc). The only difference is that the White Sox are in a s*** division.

The Cubs have a better offense despite the fact that they have pitchers hitting.

Yet people on this board are making fun of them - at least they're in a rebuild. The White Sox have no youth other than Chris Sale worth getting excited about at all.

Ryan Sweeney

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 28, 2013 -> 09:32 AM)

Well, we have one of the leaders for the ROY award at the hot corner....

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 28, 2013 -> 09:38 AM)

The only time I've known Dick Allen to be wrong is when he writes in specifics.