2013 Cubs catch all thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 18, 2013 -> 02:51 PM)
It's based on a radio interview where Buster Oney said that the Cubs make sense as a trade partner with Tampa. I disagree, as there's no way Tampa gives him up without acquiring some top-notch pitching prospects, which the Cubs have none of.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 18, 2013 -> 03:00 PM)
Disagree, as Soler and Baez are 2 of the better offensive prospects in the game, and scouts love Almora. Their farm system is top 15 now in nearly every publication I believe.

So the Rays would never trade Price to Cubs because of their lack of pitching prospects, but the Cubs system is so good that they can definitely trade for Price?

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 18, 2013 -> 01:03 PM)
None of them are major league ready, and none of them are pitchers.

The Rays are pretty pitching-rich already, aren't they? I don't know that they have to get a ton of highly-rated pitching back, if the offensive pieces they got were solid enough.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 18, 2013 -> 03:03 PM)
None of them are major league ready, and none of them are pitchers.

Tampa system is pitching rich, they do not have to get a pitcher back in the deal to get it done.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 18, 2013 -> 10:36 PM)
Tampa system is pitching rich, they do not have to get a pitcher back in the deal to get it done.

I can't see them giving up Price though without getting a potential starting pitcher back though. Their top 5 prospects according to BA are Myers (OF), Archer (SP), Guerrieri (SP), Lee (SS) and Odorizzi (SP). Niemann's career being in jeopardy hurts them a bit, as they never did unload him when he might have had some value.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 18, 2013 -> 10:16 PM)
So the Rays would never trade Price to Cubs because of their lack of pitching prospects, but the Cubs system is so good that they can definitely trade for Price?

Sorry hurt, let me clarify. The first part where you mention how I don't think the Cubs have the pitching prospects to make the deal happen was my realistic opinion on whether or not they match up. The second part was taking ss2k's question literally about how if the Cubs even have enough in their farm system to trade anyone and everyone to get Price, which I believe they do (but I highly, highly doubt they'd trade a package like Baez, Soler, Almora, Vogelbach and Lake for Price).

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 18, 2013 -> 05:58 PM)
I can't see them giving up Price though without getting a potential starting pitcher back though. Their top 5 prospects according to BA are Myers (OF), Archer (SP), Guerrieri (SP), Lee (SS) and Odorizzi (SP). Niemann's career being in jeopardy hurts them a bit, as they never did unload him when he might have had some value.

I do not see the deal happening at all Tampa would be insane to trade him.

Tampa Bay needs to improve their offense at nearly every position...with the exception of Longoria and Zobrist.

The jury's still out on Desmond Jennings. Joyce seems to be a bit inconsistent.

And you're never going to build an infield of the future around Loney, Ryan Roberts, Kelly Johnson and Yunel Escobar. Escobar, in particular, seems to be a bad omen for every team he joins.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 18, 2013 -> 07:06 PM)
Tampa Bay needs to improve their offense at nearly every position...with the exception of Longoria and Zobrist.

The jury's still out on Desmond Jennings. Joyce seems to be a bit inconsistent.

And you're never going to build an infield of the future around Loney, Ryan Roberts, Kelly Johnson and Yunel Escobar. Escobar, in particular, seems to be a bad omen for every team he joins.

Wil Myers waits to dominate. It's too bad they're so frugal.

Edited by Steve9347

Never seen that before. Segura on 2nd, Braun on first. Segura takes off for 3rd and gets caught in pick off. Both runners end up on 2nd. Braun tagged out, Segura runs to first.

Has that ever happened? Wonder if he can steal 2nd for the 2nd time this inning

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 11:03 PM)
Never seen that before. Segura on 2nd, Braun on first. Segura takes off for 3rd and gets caught in pick off. Both runners end up on 2nd. Braun tagged out, Segura runs to first.

Has that ever happened? Wonder if he can steal 2nd for the 2nd time this inning

How could Segura run to 1st? That doesn't even make any sense.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 10:37 PM)
How could Segura run to 1st? That doesn't even make any sense.

Kasper at the next inning said that if the Cubs appealed and tagged Segura out while standing on 1st, he wouldve been out.

Kasper at the next inning said that if the Cubs appealed and tagged Segura out while standing on 1st, he wouldve been out.

Segura should have been called out once he got about 3-4 steps toward first base, because he was running outside his legal baseline, which at that point was between 2nd and 3rd. On top of that, the umpires should never have granted time out, because Segura was not legally occupying first base when it was called.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 1, 2013 -> 09:00 AM)
Paul Sullivan ‏@PWSullivan 12m

Ricketts first threat: Will consider moving out of Wrigley if he doesn't get his signage. #HelloRosemont

Hahaha that would be so awesome.

Could/Would the Cell come up again as a potential playing site in the interm if they moved?

If the Cubs actually decided to move to a new stadium in a new location, I'd think that they would just keep playing at Wrigley until the new stadium were ready. No need to play in three different stadiums in three years if it isn't necessary.

Could the White Sox move to Wrigley Field if they relocate, lol?

(Waits for attacks to come from every direction...)

I wouldn't hate the idea in theory, but in the long run it would be bad for the same reasons the Cubs are considering moving--dumb landmark restrictions preventing the team from pursuing new revenue streams.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 2, 2013 -> 02:36 AM)
Could the White Sox move to Wrigley Field if they relocate, lol?

(Waits for attacks to come from every direction...)

The Sox would have veto power over it actually happening.