2013 Cubs catch all thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (fathom @ May 2, 2013 -> 03:58 PM)
Can we please retroactively trade Sergio Santos for Travis Wood? He's now 5th in the NL in WHIP and 7th in ERA.

I'll be happy to bet you that he will put up numbers significantly worse than that by the end of the year.

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 2, 2013 -> 08:04 PM)
I'll be happy to bet you that he will put up numbers significantly worse than that by the end of the year.

Well, I would certainly hope so. However, he's proved he can at least start in the majors, something that seems like it would take a miracle to get to say about Molina.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 2, 2013 -> 02:58 PM)
Can we please retroactively trade Sergio Santos for Travis Wood? He's now 5th in the NL in WHIP and 7th in ERA.

I'm not disagreeing about Wood, but it's cold & rainy, the wind is blowing in, and it's the Padres. Molina could go 6 and only give up a run or two today.

So uh... funny story.

I went to a "rock" concert this week in my new hometown (not Chicago) and I was talking to the band a bit after. They asked for cool places to visit in Chicago when the tour swings through later this month. They asked if going to a Cubs game is a waste of time because "aren't they pretty much the worst team in the history of ever?"

:roflcopters:

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 2, 2013 -> 03:10 PM)
I'm not disagreeing about Wood, but it's cold & rainy, the wind is blowing in, and it's the Padres. Molina could go 6 and only give up a run or two today.

Yep, as soon as it gets warm and the wind starts blowing out, Wood's numbers will skyrocket.

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan 2m

Tom Ricketts saying Cubs might leave Wrigley is the emptiest threat since my kid said he'd run away because he couldn't have more cookies.

To be fair, Rosemont's mayor probably didn't offer his kid a place to stay.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 2, 2013 -> 02:58 PM)

And after that 8th inning, I think he's up to 15th in ERA.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 2, 2013 -> 09:37 PM)
And after that 8th inning, I think he's up to 15th in ERA.

Haha, and some projecting shows we'll face all their starters besides Villanueva later this month.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ May 2, 2013 -> 03:37 PM)
Haha, and some projecting shows we'll face all their starters besides Villanueva later this month.

It really is too bad the Cubs got Villanueva. I have wanted him since he was with Milwaukee. I think he's just a great pitcher who keeps getting jerked around between the pen and the rotation. If you leave him in just one spot, he'd flourish in either place.

EDIT: Not as good as I remembered, but still good

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 2, 2013 -> 08:54 PM)
It really is too bad the Cubs got Villanueva. I have wanted him since he was with Milwaukee. I think he's just a great pitcher who keeps getting jerked around between the pen and the rotation. If you leave him in just one spot, he'd flourish in either place.

Couldn't agree more, I thought he was one of the best signings this past offseason. His style of pitching should flourish in the NL.

From MLBTraderumors

Cubs Designate Kameron Loe For Assignment

By Tim Dierkes [May 6 at 2:56pm CST]

The Cubs designated reliever Kameron Loe for assignment to open a 40-man roster spot for outfielder Ryan Sweeney, tweets MLB.com's Carrie Muskat. In related moves, the team optioned outfielder Dave Sappelt and promoted reliever Rafael Dolis. The Cubs now have six outfielders on the active roster: Alfonso Soriano, David DeJesus, Nate Schierholtz, Scott Hairston, Julio Borbon, and Sweeney.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 6, 2013 -> 05:40 PM)
From MLBTraderumors

Cubs Designate Kameron Loe For Assignment

By Tim Dierkes [May 6 at 2:56pm CST]

The Cubs designated reliever Kameron Loe for assignment to open a 40-man roster spot for outfielder Ryan Sweeney, tweets MLB.com's Carrie Muskat. In related moves, the team optioned outfielder Dave Sappelt and promoted reliever Rafael Dolis. The Cubs now have six outfielders on the active roster: Alfonso Soriano, David DeJesus, Nate Schierholtz, Scott Hairston, Julio Borbon, and Sweeney.

One step closer to a World Series

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 7, 2013 -> 09:07 PM)
He's their early season version of Santiago.

Other than EJax, their whole rotation has been awesome. Four guys have an ERA of under 3.10. A mediocre offense and s***ty bullpen has kept them worse than the Sox. Enter Kevin Gregg!

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 11, 2013 -> 03:31 PM)
Strasburg gives up 1 baserunner through 4 and the Cubs have dropped 4 unearned on him in the 5th.

Nationals must be trying to emulate the White Sox.

Harper's been close to great, but overall, that team has been a big disappointment (other than sweeping us, lol).

QUOTE (fathom @ May 11, 2013 -> 07:43 PM)
Anthony Rizzo is going to be a monster for the Cubs, especially when the wind starts blowing out at Wrigley.

Cubs sign Rizzo to a 7-year, $41 million deal through 2019 per Ken Rosenthal.