2013 AL Central Catch All thread

southsider2k5

It sucks to be a Kansas City Royals exec this week.

1.) Wil Myers is batting cleanup for Tampa Bay and Wade Davis sucks.

2.) The Royals are playing the O's while Detroit is playing the hapless Sox. KC is oh, so close to being 10 games out with the Myers trade set to haunt the franchise forever. Shields has one year left with KC.

If they were smart they'd trade Santana now and re-sign him this offseason.

Let's say KC finishes the year 5-10 below .500. Do you fire Dayton Moore as GM? What if they finish 15 below? And what if they finish .500 even?

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 24, 2013 -> 10:31 AM)
MLB Transactionist ‏@MLBTransactions 21m

MINNESOTA TWINS: Placed catcher Joe Mauer on the paternity list; recalled catcher Drew Butera from Rochester (IL).

funny enough, Mauer is now the father of twin girls.

10 games ago, the Royals were 48-51, 7.5 games back of the Tigers, 5 games back of the Indians, and considering the idea of selling a few pieces.

10 games later, the Royals are 57-52...7.5 games back of the Tigers...4 games back of the Indians...wondering when they can catch a goddamn break.

I have no idea what it is about the Central, but it seems the past 2-3 years or so, these guys just play exactly as well as their direct competitors are playing and it has literally nothing to do with the teams they play.

Edited by witesoxfan

The month of May absolutely killed the Royals, but I still think they can be the hot team the rest of the way. The second wildcard is not out of the question if they keep pitching.

In a cruel twist of irony, their playoff chances will be dashed by losing several games to the last place White Sox.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 6, 2013 -> 12:09 PM)
In a cruel twist of irony, their playoff chances will be dashed by losing several games to the last place White Sox.

That's the one thing I have left to root for this season, spoiling the Royals playoff chances.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 6, 2013 -> 01:42 PM)
I'd rather f*** Detroit over vs KC or Cleveland, but that might just be me.

The annual love-fest for KC's young players who have still not won anything has made me root against them more than anyone else.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 8, 2013 -> 08:03 AM)
1984: Prince Harry was born as 3rd in line to the British throne. The Tigers beat the Royals in the ALCS on the way to a World Series win

2013: Prince George was born as 3rd in line to the British throne.

"The thought of all that raw, surging power makes me wonder why the hell I should care"

-Sideshow bob.