2013 AL Central Catch All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 22, 2013 -> 02:19 AM)
It's early and a lot can change, but Detroit's going to have their hands full with KC this season. I'm sure Ned will f*** it up, but they are a very good team. If Hosmer and Moustakas ever get their s*** together, things could get interesting.

Right now, their main weaknesses are the end of the rotation (I'm not convinced that Santana will ever be anything close to what he was 4-5 years ago with the Angels)...then 2B, CF (Cain needs to stay healthy for one full season) and Francouer in RF.

As you said, if those two get going, along with Gordon/Butler/Perez/Escobar (needs to repeat 2012's success), then you have a VERY dangerous team, capable of getting hot offensively and knocking anyone off.

Their bullpen domination is well-documented, despite Herrera's 3 homer debacle, it has been their area of strength and depth for 2+ years now, even without Soria.

Edited by caulfield12

the Twins have had 4 postponements since last Saturday (last Sun, Wed, Fri, and now today), including 2 interleague games (Mets, and Miami today). They have had more ppd games than Aaron Hicks has hits!

They have only played 15 games so far this season.

They are going to play a double header because Miami is in town for a 2 (!!) game series, and Wednesday doesnt work because the Marlins have played the max number of games without a scheduled day off.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 23, 2013 -> 06:28 PM)
Craig Custance ‏@CraigCustance 33m

Spoke with Jose Valverde. Expects to sign one-year deal with Tigers. He's not planning on going to Toledo.

Jim Leyland has already declared him the closer. A bad bullpen gets worse.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 23, 2013 -> 08:23 PM)
Who the f*** is Oswaldo Arcia and why is he batting 3rd for the Twins?

Arcia is the #2 or #3 prospect in the Twins system (Miguel Sano is the clear #1). He was raking in Rochester and the Twins had to place Mastrioanni on the DL, so he is playing everyday.

Batting 3rd, I dont know. He did crush a 400+ foot homer in the first game so I guess Gardy wanted to move him up in the batting order.

Not exactly a pitcher's duel in KC.

Geez.

Guess you still have to root for the Royals to beat the Tigers, even though we gain a game on first place if the Tigers win...actually, both would be tied for 1st.

And what the heck happened with Moustakas? He was great last year for most of the season...now he looks about the same as when he first came up and struggled mightily.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 24, 2013 -> 07:35 AM)
If Courtney Hawkins were hitting .500 in A ball right now, would you call him up to the majors? Same exact story.

I wasn't referring to promoting him, referring to the earlier post about Arcia being the 2nd or 3rd rated Twins' prospect.

Thought it was Buxton for sure.