2013 AL Central Catch All thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 9, 2013 -> 10:14 AM)
I'll never forget that 99 mph changeup he threw in 2010. But yeah, he's f***ing awful.

He has lost a MPH on his fastball every year for the last 4 years.

The Indians should Kerry Wood him

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 8, 2013 -> 06:18 PM)
By the way, who would actually want to see the Twins play, compared to about 20-25 other teams in MLB?

If those were the numbers against the Red Sox or Yankees, you'd have a much stronger point.

Yet you talk about the sky falling when the Sox attendance in April when it's 35 degrees against Seattle and, yes, the Twins, is around the same amount.

Jeremy Guthrie continues his dominance as a Royal. They are now unbeaten in his last 18 starts. He's now 5-0 in 7 starts this season, with 6 of them being "quality starts".

Royals begin a 3-game series with the Yankees tonight. Hosmer, Moustakas, and Perez have all been starting to hit.

QUOTE (High Mileage @ May 10, 2013 -> 06:03 PM)
Jeremy Guthrie continues his dominance as a Royal. They are now unbeaten in his last 18 starts. He's now 5-0 in 7 starts this season, with 6 of them being "quality starts".

Royals begin a 3-game series with the Yankees tonight. Hosmer, Moustakas, and Perez have all been starting to hit.

If you look at his career numbers, he was actually pretty decent considering that he was on a s***ty Orioles team in the then-powerhouse AL East. Three seasons of under 4 ERA in that situation is not easy. His brutal stretch in Coors Field kind of ruined his reputation, but he's not as awful as everyone seems to make him out to be.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 10, 2013 -> 06:50 PM)
If you look at his career numbers, he was actually pretty decent considering that he was on a s***ty Orioles team in the then-powerhouse AL East. Three seasons of under 4 ERA in that situation is not easy. His brutal stretch in Coors Field kind of ruined his reputation, but he's not as awful as everyone seems to make him out to be.

He really bounced around for someone with his stuff and draft position.

Never reached his potential with the Indians.

Exciting Tigers/Indians game.

7-6 CLE barely holding on the lead. Hunter just had a big RBI single. Jackson at 2B.

Bottom of the 9th, Cabrera with a chance to tie against Chris Perez.

Kipnis just made a behind-the-back, amazing forceout from around the 2B area....one of the best plays of the year, apparently.

Perez retires Cabrera with a 3-2 count on a slow roller on the infield.

Verlander had to use 110 pitches just to get through 5.

Didn't have his normal stuff (still) according the announcers.

Maybe this is the year all those high pitch counts start to catch up with him. CLE really battled with him, many elongated at-bats.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 11, 2013 -> 10:53 PM)
Verlander had to use 110 pitches just to get through 5.

Didn't have his normal stuff (still) according the announcers.

Maybe this is the year all those high pitch counts start to catch up with him. CLE really battled with him, many elongated at-bats.

We say/think that every year and he never slows down. :(

I do however get immense pleasure every time I see him struggle, I think, OH MY GOD, THIS IS IT!!!!!! And then he usually does great next in his next start. :(

Well, the Tigers playing sloppy baseball keeps us within hailing distance of first place.

But it's also stacking up three more teams right behind the Tigers that are all playing better than the Sox.

The more we play this way or tread water (the upcoming road trip probably won't help our record, either)....the more flavum's mathematical win prediction models turn against us from a statistical probability perspective.

What do you think it'd take for KC to fire Ned this season? Losing six of seven heading into a road trip is not what the fans wanted. The Yankees sure beat up KC like the Royals were nothing. The Royals never look that bad when they play the Sox.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 12, 2013 -> 09:24 PM)
What do you think it'd take for KC to fire Ned this season? Losing six of seven heading into a road trip is not what the fans wanted. The Yankees sure beat up KC like the Royals were nothing. The Royals never look that bad when they play the Sox.

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/05/12/42316...ing-royals.html#

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 13, 2013 -> 12:28 PM)
I saw this career comparison on Grantland and it made me chuckle:

Ross Gload: .281/.325/.408

Eric Hosmer : 263/.321/.405

Ouch. I wonder why Gload wasn't hyped to be the next big thing? :lol: