2013 AL Central Catch All thread

southsider2k5

Crazy Jays -Indians game. Lots of action.

Indians with over 20 base runners, and may lose. If they come back to win, they'll be the only undefeated AL team, unless Mo blows a save here.

Edited by flavum

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 4, 2013 -> 06:30 PM)
I noticed that during spring training. When you're carrying extra weight in baseball, you better be good.

Buehrle looks like if he just gave up, he could be 300 pounds within a year.

Yeah he was never a svelte ballplayer, but this season is pretty noticeable.

Indians lose. Sox have the best record in the AL (tied with 5).

Nationals only team in baseball 3-0. They go to Cincinnati. Hopefully they lose this weekend before they play the Sox. I don't want them to become a story at 7-0, 8-0, etc.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 4, 2013 -> 09:01 PM)

Nationals only team in baseball 3-0. They go to Cincinnati. Hopefully they lose this weekend before they play the Sox. I don't want them to become a story at 7-0, 8-0, etc.

Don't you mean 6-0, 6-1, 6-2, etc. Have some faith my friend.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 4, 2013 -> 09:01 PM)

ok let me get this straight. You hope the Nationals, an NL team, lose a game this weekend before they play the Sox out of fear that they'll become a national (ala the Heat winning streak?) story and the Sox, I guess, get overwhelmed and not be able to handle the pressure? #WhatThef***???

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 5, 2013 -> 03:51 PM)
ok let me get this straight. You hope the Nationals, an NL team, lose a game this weekend before they play the Sox out of fear that they'll become a national (ala the Heat winning streak?) story and the Sox, I guess, get overwhelmed and not be able to handle the pressure? #WhatThef***???

I don't want the Nationals to be 6-0 when the Sox play them on Tuesday. So sue me.

Things bother you too much.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 5, 2013 -> 03:22 PM)
Pedro Hernandez will start for the Twins on Sunday.

That's how bad the Twins are.

to be fair, Hernandez is replacing a injured pitcher

but the dropoff between Cole deVries and Pedro Hernandez is not much.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 5, 2013 -> 04:27 PM)
I don't want the Nationals to be 6-0 when the Sox play them on Tuesday. So sue me.

Things bother you too much.

It doesn't bother me at all. It just makes no damn sense whatsoever. But you got your wish. The Nationals will have lost at least one game before we see them. There shall be no story!

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 5, 2013 -> 08:48 PM)
It doesn't bother me at all. It just makes no damn sense whatsoever. But you got your wish. The Nationals will have lost at least one game before we see them. There shall be no story!

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Only down by 15 runs at this point.

QUOTE (Cali @ Apr 6, 2013 -> 06:37 PM)
The very early story on the Tigers so far is mediocre starting, mess of a back end of the bullpen, but winning because the offense is bailing them out.

The Yankees being really awful helps.

Trevor Bauer has weird ears. That is all.

He also walked 4 straight to start the game.

Indians announcers kinda ripping his mechanics, which is weird since he's Mr. Mechanics with watching High Speed footage and the long toss etc.

Edited by Cali