2013 AL Central Catch All thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 18, 2013 -> 02:04 AM)
Well, we all know Torii Hunter's not a .400 hitter.

I can't quite believe he was a .300 hitter last year....but with that line-up in LA, he had a lot of protection with Trout, Pujols, Morales, Trumbo, etc.

Hunter's changed his approach though and is doing a great job at using all fields.

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game by Endy Chavez.

Robbed a Cabrera homer early, had a key hit and made another web gem catch late in the game...

M's pitching really held down the Tigers in this series. They deserved at least one win after the way last night's game ended with Smoak thrown out to end the game trying to score to tie it in the bottom of the 14th off Benoit.

That Japanese hurler for the M's has been a downright bulldog. And Wilhelmsen was throwing 100 MPH heat.

Really held down Fielder until today....yesterday, he was 0/6 with 5 K's.

Angels beat Detroit. Dotel gives up 5 earned, so that bullpen ERA continues to inflate.

Also figured out my give up point on the Sox this season. If at any point they get 7 games out of first place for more than a few days, that for them based on recent play is more than likely insurmountable. So far 2 games back and the Central appears like it'll be another weak year where 90 or less nate gets it done and no one is going much higher than that.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 20, 2013 -> 02:45 PM)
Angels drop a 9 spot on Porcello in the first inning.

Tigers bats are cold. 3 runs in 4 games.

Before today, 8 straight quality starts. If they hit enough, they win.

Edited by flavum

Hopefully the Tigers dump Porcello, insert Smyly into the starting rotation and Cooper fixes Porcello, lol.

Doubt he would get to us in a waiver claim, though, and they're going to send him to AAA/AA before they make that move.

But I would trade him and Gavin Floyd in a heartbeat. Porcello's still young (think Jon Garland at the same stage in his development) and was rushed to the majors, but he still can turn things around.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 21, 2013 -> 07:42 PM)
Maybe 80-89 wins will win the division again

Tigers just finished a 9-game west coast trip. They went 4-5.

Now they go home for 9-- KC, Atlanta, and Minnesota.

Besides Porcello, the starting pitching has been great. And the bats went cold this week, which will turn around.

I still think they win mid-90's, but I can't see them winning less than 88.