Snowmageddon 2013!

Brian

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 4, 2013 -> 09:02 AM)
I am headed to the hardware store for a new sparkplug after work

Mine sounds like it wants to turn over but just doesn't. May just go shovel every two hours so its not too tough.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 4, 2013 -> 12:52 PM)
This is jibberish to me. I'm hopeless.

1. buy can of carb/starter cleaner

2. unscrew spark plug.

3. spray cleaner into hole after sparkplug removed.

4. replace sparkplug.

5. start blower.

My dad told me that when a snowblower (or mower, for that matter) sits for long periods of time, the gas inside dries and leaves a coating over the plug that inhibits the spark. The cleaner should remove that. You could just need a new plug too, they go bad. If you remove it and it looks black/dirty/rusty you can go to the store and get a new one

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 4, 2013 -> 01:01 PM)
1. buy can of carb/starter cleaner

2. unscrew spark plug.

3. spray cleaner into hole after sparkplug removed.

4. replace sparkplug.

5. start blower.

My dad told me that when a snowblower (or mower, for that matter) sits for long periods of time, the gas inside dries and leaves a coating over the plug that inhibits the spark. The cleaner should remove that. You could just need a new plug too, they go bad. If you remove it and it looks black/dirty/rusty you can go to the store and get a new one

Or get a wire brush and scrub the metal contact on the spark plug to get the grime off, and expose the metal again, making it easier for it to fire up again.

Judging by updated snow projections, I'm only suppose to get about 3 inches! Nice! Have fun, city!

And most of the schools up here announced closings last night. Have fun making that day up in June.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 5, 2013 -> 06:00 AM)
Judging by updated snow projections, I'm only suppose to get about 3 inches! Nice! Have fun, city!

And most of the schools up here announced closings last night. Have fun making that day up in June.

Yeah, my wife's school did that last night. I wake up now and it hasn't even started snowing? WTF?