Snowmageddon 2013!

Brian

QUOTE (kev211 @ Mar 5, 2013 -> 11:54 AM)
I sense a slight bit of jealousy

None whatsoever. I have no problem being productive at work on a day like today vs loafing around stuck in my house watching Price is Right or something on the DVR and acting like OMG BEST DAY EVAR.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Mar 5, 2013 -> 12:13 PM)
Buh? I'm also posting on soxtalk?

Yes, but you're en unemployed welfare king, who's wife b****es about having to grade papers on her "day off", because grading papers is so hard. :P

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 5, 2013 -> 12:16 PM)
Oh gawd, not the liberal made-up welfare king everyone hears about but no one really sees...

Also, I love snow. If it's going to be cold, I'd rather it be snowing/snowey out.

I agree on the snow thing...I hate sheer cold more than I hate snow itself, at least snow is pretty. :D

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 5, 2013 -> 12:01 PM)
None whatsoever. I have no problem being productive at work on a day like today vs loafing around stuck in my house watching Price is Right or something on the DVR and acting like OMG BEST DAY EVAR.

I just don't think you should get that upset over it if it doesn't matter.

I'll enjoy my day off but I'd rather have it in june.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Mar 5, 2013 -> 12:27 PM)

Don't worry, you'll have it in June when you have your students do absolutely nothing on that makeup day in June. :P Let's not pretend that's exactly what happens in June, too. I went to school for years...and I don't think I ever did anything in June, regardless of makeup days. Ever.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Mar 5, 2013 -> 12:17 PM)
I agree on the snow thing...I hate sheer cold more than I hate snow itself, at least snow is pretty. :D

Truthfully its never all that cold when its snowing.

I never had a snow day off as a kid, and I walked to school through the stupid s***. However in the work world ive had probably over 20.

As a teacher who had a snow day it's really not a big deal. The day is made up at the end and the day off will be nice. Without having to commute home in this. I was just kind of surprised by it.

Though my ACless classroom is going to suck that one extra day in June.

I'd much rather trudge through a foot of snow to work than work a day in June without AC.

In regard to snow day child care. Whether school is called at 6 PM or 6 AM it is best to have a plan in place.

"Oh they may cancel school tomorrow, what should we do."

It is not like school is closed and there was no warning whatsoever.

CPS does not cancel school for this very reason, the parents can not get people to watch their kids.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Mar 5, 2013 -> 12:29 PM)
Don't worry, you'll have it in June when you have your students do absolutely nothing on that makeup day in June. :P Let's not pretend that's exactly what happens in June, too. I went to school for years...and I don't think I ever did anything in June, regardless of makeup days. Ever.

This just isn't true. That day will be the last finals day. I could see this happening in elementary school.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Mar 5, 2013 -> 01:10 PM)
This just isn't true. That day will be the last finals day. I could see this happening in elementary school.

I know, I'm just messing with ya. But in grammar school (or elementary school as you call it), it's probably what will happen the last few weeks of makeup time for the strike and other such make up days.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Mar 5, 2013 -> 12:27 PM)

I never said I was upset, did I? I just said b****es on facebook be annoyin'.

But I guess that's covered across the board.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 5, 2013 -> 12:42 PM)
Truthfully its never all that cold when its snowing.

I'm just glad you're speaking for yourself on this one. This is relatively true most of the time; it is not true all the time, nor is it enjoyable being outside when it's below 0 and blizzarding.