Calling All Rock and Roll Dinosaurs and Music Trivia Heads!

FlaSoxxJim

QUOTE (knightni @ Feb 28, 2013 -> 11:32 PM)

116. Girls Like You and the WACS in the Philippines - Surrender - Cheap Trick

119. Mr. Tally Man and Deadly Black Tarantula - Day-O - Harry Belafonte

2 down. . .

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Mar 1, 2013 -> 12:50 AM)

For What It's Worth - (The GREAT) Buffalo Springfield

Jailhouse Rock - The King

Oh, and 115.

Loves Me Like A Rock - Paul Simon

111. is really familiar but I can't think of it.

and 3 more down. Yes, you definitely know 111.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 28, 2013 -> 11:06 PM)
Stumped for sure, I only know a handful of BOC songs and that is definitely not one of them.

So. . . how about: Helpless People on Subway Trains

That's not ringing any bells.

I posted a youtube link above for Last Days of May. Check it out.

OK, here's the song list amended with all the answers. Thanks for playing, this was fun! Now my problem is my brain keeps thinking of new songs, so I might have to put another list together and do this again if there's interest.

1. Vera, Chuck and Dave (When I’m 64; the Beatles)

2. Candy and Ronnie (Bennie and the Jets; Elton John)

3. Weird and Gilly (Ziggy Stardust; David Bowie)

4. Babs and Clean Willie (Hatian Divorce; Steely Dan)

5. Desmond and Molly (Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da; the Beatles)

6. Jean and Joan and who-knows-who (Evil Ways; Santana)

7. Harry and Guitar George (Sultans of Swing; Dire Straits)

8. Chino and Daddy G (My Old School; Steely Dan)

9. Billy and Ethell (Billy the Mountain; Zappa/Mothers)

10. Messrs K. and H. (Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite; the Beatles)

11. Rooster, Blinky, Poorboy and Willy (Down On the Corner; Creedence Clearwater Revival)

12. Rin Tin Tin or Anne Boleyn (Hook; Blues Traveler)

13. Go-Cart Mozart, Early-Pearly, and Scott With a Slingshot (Blinded By the Light; Bruce Springsteen/Manfred Mann’s Earth Band)

14. The Miller and the Waiter (Whiter Shade of Pale; Procol Harum)

15. Katherine Kelly and the Government Boys (Machine Gun Kelly; James Taylor)

16. The King of Marigold and the Duchess of Kircaldy (Cry Baby Cry; the Beatles)

17. Silly Willy and Mademoiselle Kitty (Rock Show; Wings)

18. Leonid Brezhnev, Lenny Bruce and Lester Bangs (It's the End of the World as We Know It (And I Feel Fine); R.E.M.)

19. Paul, Davy and John at the Bar (Piano Man; Billy Joel)

20. The Gypsy Queen, Seven Virgins and a Mule (Karn Evil 9, First Impression Part 2; Emmerson, Lake, and Palmer)

21. A Banker, a Fireman, and a Pretty Nurse (Penny Lane; the Beatles)

22. Maria, Picasso and Bob Dylan (Mr. Jones; Counting Crows)

23. Mamma Leonie and Sgt. O'Leary (Anthony’s Song (Movin’ Out); Billy Joel)

24. Moses, Newton, Charles Darwin and Elvis (Man on the Moon; R.E.M.)

25. Mr. Farmer and Old Miss Mort (I Know What I Like (In Your Wardrobe); Genesis)

26. Suzanne and Jesus (Fire and Rain; James Taylor)

27. Blue Carary, Jason and Countless Screaming Argonauts (Birdhouse in Your Soul; They Might be Giants)

28. Rats, Bedbugs and People Dressed in Plastic Bags Directing Traffic (Shattered; the Rolling Stones)

29. Basie, Miller, Satchmo and Ella (Sir Duke; Stevie Wonder)

30. Twenty Hounds, Anne Marie and the Sheriff (Friend of the Devil; the Grateful Dead)

31. Brenda and Eddie (Scenes From an Italian Restaurant; Billy Joel)

32. Peggy Sue, Betty Lou and Mary Lou (Barbara Ann; the Beach Boys)

33. Peter Brown and the Man in the Mac (the Ballad of John and Yoko; the Beatles)

34. Billy Joe and Billy Mac (Take the Money and Run; Steve Miller Band)

35. Mamma, Big John and Emmy Lou (Powderfinger; Neil Young)

36. Jesus and Alvin Tostig (Levon; Elton John)

37. Liquid Len, Harold Demure and Bob the Nob (The Battle of Epping Forest; Genesis)

38. The Loader, the Miller and the Men With Their Crabtree Sticks (John Barleycorn; Traffic)

39. My Friend Rabbi Vole (Dr. Worm; They Might Be Giants)

40. Holly, Jackie, Little Joe and the Colored Girls (Take a Walk on the Wild Side; Lou Reed)

41. The Knights in Armor, the Archer, and the Chosen Ones (After the Gold Rush; Neil Young)

42. Mrs. Gray, Mr. Green and the Local Rock Group Down the Street (Pleasant Valley Sunday; the Monkees)

43. Nice Girls, Red Dogs and Baby Taking Off Her Clothes (Watching the Detectives; Elvis Costello)

44. Father Riley, Carmenita Scarfone and Toni Carbone (Catholic Girls; Frank Zappa)

45. Billy, the Driver and the Man From Across the Road With the Sunshine in His Eyes (And It Stoned Me; Van Morrison)

46. Sheepdog Bullfrog, Big Man and Wigwam (Hey Bulldog; the Beatles)

47. A Girl So Fair, Gollum, and the Evil One (Ramble ON; Led Zeppelin)

48. The Blacksmith, the Artist, Philosophers and Ploughmen (Closer to the Heart; Rush)

49. Haloween Jack and Tod Browning’s Freak (Diamond Dogs; David Bowie)

50. Sargon, Hammurabi, Ashurbanipal and Gilgamesh (The Mesopotamians; They Might Be Giants)

51. B.B. King and Doris Day. Matt Busby (Dig It; the Beatles)

52. Bobby Dylan, the Beatles and Timothy Leary (The Seeker; the Who)

53. A Little Indian Brave and a Young Girl Whose Heart Was a Frown (Castles Made of Sand; the Jimi Hendrix Experience)

54. Felini, Antonioni and Roman Polanski (Manchester; John Savage/Hair Cast)

55. Lon Chaney, Jr. and the Queen (Werewolves of London; Warren Zevon)

56. A Strange Lady and a Man in Brussels (Land Down Under; Men at Work)

57. Some Underworld Spy or the Wife of a Close Friend (You’re So Vain; Carly Simon)

58. Stanley and the Girl From Clapham (Up the Junction; Squeeze)

59. Dr. Parkinson and a Protester Singing a Protest Song (Industrial Disease; Dire Straits)

60. Crowds of People Sitting on the Grass and a Policeman (Misty Mountain Hop; Led Zeppelin)

61. Dan, Magil and the Doctor (Rocky Raccoon; the Beatles)

62. Rosie, the Banker, the Lawyer and the Cop (The Fire Down Below; Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band)

63. The Ragged People and the Whores on 7th Avenue (The Boxer; Simon and Garfunkel)

64. A Divorcee in New York City and a Gin Soaked Bar-Room Queen (Honky Tonk Woman; the Rolling Stones)

65. Sweet Sweet Connie, Four Young Chiquitas in Omaha and the Hotel Detective (We’re an American Band; Grand Funk Railroad)

66. The Jester, the Marching Band and A Girl Who Sang the Blues (American Pie; Don McLean)

67. Cops in Cars and Another Lost Angel (L.A. Woman; the Doors)

68. The Captain, the Night Man, and Voices Down the Corridor (Hotel California; the Eagles)

69. A Wife and Kids in Baltimore Jack (Hungry Heart; Bruce Springsteen)

70. The Bubble-Headed Bleach-Blonde and the Boys in the Newsroom (Dirty Laundry; Don Henley)

71. People Talking, People Laughing, a Man Selling Ice Cream (Saturday in the Park; Chicago)

72. Your Low Rent Friends and All Those White Men on the Street (Kid Charlemagne; Steely Dan)

73. A Young Man in a T-Shirt and People and More People (Pink Houses; John Cougar Mellencamp)

74. Lola, Tony and Rico (Copacabana; Barry Manilow)

75. The Jailer Man and Sailor Sam (Band on the Run; Wings)

76. No One Here But Me and a Hundred Billion Castaways (Message in a Bottle; the Police)

77. Joan, Rose and Valerie (Maxwell’s Silver Hammer; the Beatles)

78. The Preacher and the Teacher and Dear Missus Perkins (China Grove; the Doobie Brothers)

79. Pretty Women out Walking With Gorillas and Jeanie With Her New Boyfriend (Is She Really Going Out With Him?; Joe Jackson)

80. Long Ones, Tall Ones, Short Ones, Brown Ones, Black Ones, Round Ones, Big Ones, Crazy Ones (Spill the Wine; Eric Burdon and War)

81. A Yellow One that won't accept the Black One that won't accept the Red One that won't accept the White One (Everyday People; Sly and the Family Stone)

82. A Child of God and Billion Year Old Carbon (Woodstock; Joni Mitchell/CSNY

83. Jo Jo and Loretta (Get Back; the Beatles)

84. A Shadow on the Door of a Cottage on the Shore and Contestants in a Suicidal Race (Synchronicity II; the Police)

85. Judy, Trudy, Little Donna and Zero (This Beat Goes On/Switchin’ to Glide; the Kings)

86. A City Boy and a Singer in a Smokey Room (Don’t Stop Believin’; Journey

87. Mummy Dear Mummy Dear and the Girls in California (Breaffast in America; Supertramp)

88. Mama, That Girl With a Diamond Ring and the Girl With the Red Dress On (What’d I Say; Ray Charles)

89. Mama, Lawman and Hangman (Renegade; Styxx)

90. Mama, Scaramouche and Beelzebub (Bohemian Rhapsody; Queen)

91. Some of the People in My Life and Just Another Face That I Know From the TV Show (Turn It On Again; Genesis)

92. Say Hey Willie, Ty Cobb and Joe DiMaggio (Centerfield; John Fogerty)

93. Carmen and the Devil, Luke and Miss Moses (The Weight; the Band)

94. A Guy With a Ticket to Mexico and a Hip Woman Walking on a Moving Floor (Coming Into Los Angeles; Arlo Guthrie)

95. Granny, Good Old Ernie, Biggles and All the Sportsmen (Thick As a Brick; Jethro Tull)

96. Father McKenzie and All the Lonely People (Eleanor Rigby; the Beatles)

97. Johnny, Maggie and the Man in the Trench Coat (Subterranean Homesick Blues; Bob Dylan)

98. Susie and Sam (Muskrat Love; America/Captain & Tennille)

99. The DA Man, Charlie, and a Tall Walking Big Black Cat (Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress; the Hollies)

100. Jesus and Joltin’ Joe (Mrs. Robinson; Simon and Garfunkel)

And the first round of Bonus Songs. . .

101. Nobody on the Road, Nobody on the Beach (The Boys of Summer; Don Henley)

102. A Mexican Beauty and All of Those Tourists Covered With Oil (Margaritaville; Jimmy Buffett)

103. Harry and Sue (Taxi; Harry Chapin)

104. My Faithful Handyman and a Satanic Mechanic (Sweet Transvestite; Richard O’Brien/Rocky Picture Show Cast)

105. The Swans That They Live in the Park, Mabel, and a Girl That Looks Quite Like You (Badge; Cream)

106. Fat Cats Driving Around in Jeeps Through the City and Some Little Jerk on My Back (Middle of the Road; the Pretenders)

107. Tin Soldiers and Her Dead on the Ground (Ohio; CSNY)

108. The Men on the Chessboard and the Red Queen (White Rabbit; Jefferson Airplaine)

109. Andre, Chiang Ching and Lin Tai Yu (Games Without Frontiers; Peter Gabriel)

110. A Girl That Lives Up the Block and a Friend Was a Big Baseball Player (Glory Days; Bruce Springsteen)