Sports Media discussion

Spiegel, who had been working for weeks with Laurence Holmes during McNeil’s absence, including the first three hours of Friday’s show, then said: “I will not pretend that it is with full-on support and full-on joy (that we welcome you back). We felt betrayed.”

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 20, 2013 -> 04:45 PM)
I understand giving him a 2nd chance but I swear this is like 5 or 6, it's ridiculous at this point.

I believe his current contract expires in June. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Edited by Donaldo

• 1 month later...
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 17, 2014 -> 08:06 AM)
It amuses me that another sports radio station started and Mike North wasn't able to land a job with them.

He needs more time for Webio, can't pull double time with a real job

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 17, 2014 -> 08:19 AM)
they are aiming at young and hip, not old, meatball, and racist.

So, enter Harry? That fat little dweeb hasn't had anything new or exciting to contribute in two decades other than drunken public appearances and DUIs.

and McNeil has a horse-shoe fall out of his ass again. If memory serves me right, his contract is up soon, if WGN is serious about making a go at this I imagine they make a run at him.

Intersting though, will be interesting to see who they make a run after, if they are really going after younger audience, if I were them Goff and Holmes would be the top of my list when their contracts allow.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Feb 17, 2014 -> 09:26 AM)
and McNeil has a horse-shoe fall out of his ass again. If memory serves me right, his contract is up soon, if WGN is serious about making a go at this I imagine they make a run at him.

Intersting though, will be interesting to see who they make a run after, if they are really going after younger audience, if I were them Goff and Holmes would be the top of my list when their contracts allow.

I think cbs has plans for Goff. I will be very surprised if he does not replace Boers when Boers retires

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 17, 2014 -> 09:28 AM)
I think cbs has plans for Goff. I will be very surprised if he does not replace Boers when Boers retires

I tend to agree, so this move may move things along quicker depending on contracts. At a certain point, if you're Goff, you would probably have to take an actual offer instead of promises. Who knows how this will work out, but it definitely will effect some things short term.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Feb 17, 2014 -> 09:26 AM)

There is a lot of younger talent at The Score. Ben Finfer, Adam Hoge, Jay Zawaski, Matt Abbatacola... just to name a few. Holmes and Goff have a bright future at The Score, so they wont be jumping.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 17, 2014 -> 09:24 AM)
So, enter Harry? That fat little dweeb hasn't had anything new or exciting to contribute in two decades other than drunken public appearances and DUIs.

Yea, the hosting lineup doesnt mesh with their demographic. My thought it a lot of the hosts are place holders.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 17, 2014 -> 11:22 AM)
Does Chicago need a 3rd sports talk station? The other two are mostly bad enough.

That was going to be my next post. 2 is more than enough.

My only guess is that this is some kind of a long play (short term loss for long term gain). But I dont see a destination unless they plan on making a big play for play-by-play deals.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 17, 2014 -> 11:20 AM)
There is a lot of younger talent at The Score. Ben Finfer, Adam Hoge, Jay Zawaski, Matt Abbatacola... just to name a few. Holmes and Goff have a bright future at The Score, so they wont be jumping.

You guys know that Jason Goff has been doing Sports Radio in Atlanta for almost 2 years now, right?