Sports Media discussion

QUOTE (shipps @ Jan 7, 2016 -> 05:24 PM)
I wonder how this will effect the Score broadcasts.

Boers is retiring after the Super Bowl so that should shakeup the lineup. Not sure what 670 decides to do. Bernstein will need a new partner but they are going to be preempted a ton by Cubs baseball.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jan 8, 2016 -> 08:35 AM)
Boers is retiring after the Super Bowl so that should shakeup the lineup. Not sure what 670 decides to do. Bernstein will need a new partner but they are going to be preempted a ton by Cubs baseball.

I didn't know Boers was retiring. Wow, when did they announce that one?

QUOTE (shipps @ Jan 8, 2016 -> 09:06 AM)
I didn't know Boers was retiring. Wow, when did they announce that one?

hasnt been announced, but he has been hinting that he is just about done for a while now. Plus, he has been working from his home studio for a while, doesnt like to travel much anymore for work, and gets paid a lot. Its time, for both parties

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Jan 11, 2016 -> 05:36 PM)
The Dan Bernstein Show: Listen to Dan berate callers for 4 1/2 hours!

(with Matt Abbattacola)

Matt might as well be attached to him for as much as he acts like him.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 11, 2016 -> 12:20 PM)
Holmes and Bernstein has a wonderful ring to it, but Lawrence would have to grow a pair to actually challenge Dan from time to time.

Laurence has actually challenged Bernstein a lot in the past. But he has done it in a far more professional manner than what Bernstein would do.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Jan 12, 2016 -> 08:26 AM)
He's basically us. And he's not a complete jerk. Also, he makes an effort to talk about things other than the NBA.

This is one of the things I like about him. He has been a little more arrogant and dismissive lately but I am sure bad calls on a daily basis can wear on someone.

• 5 weeks later...
QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jan 8, 2016 -> 08:35 AM)

So is he retired? He hasnt been in since the SB but they haven't announced any retirement as far as I know.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Feb 17, 2016 -> 12:19 PM)

I'm somewhat excited. Grantland was definitely part of my bored-at-work rotation.

Hopefully his show isn't a talk show like the Grantland Basketball Hour. That was pretty terrible. It should be like his Jalen Rose NBA preview videos - taped, edited and spliced with animations. That's his zone. Hosting a TV show is not.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (knightni @ Mar 1, 2016 -> 10:42 AM)
Anyone listen to ESPN radio outside of ESPN 1000?

I'm loving The Right Time with Bomani Jones.

occasionally once in awhile when I'm driving on weekends. Usually the NFL shows are good, John Clayton has a good one.

I'll note that Mike Golic Jr. is a co-host on a weekend show, and he is every bit as horrific as you'd think

Edited by SoxFan562004

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Mar 1, 2016 -> 12:00 PM)
occasionally once in awhile when I'm driving on weekends. Usually the NFL shows are good, John Clayton has a good one.

I'll note that Mike Golic Jr. is a co-host on a weekend show, and he is every bit as horrific as you'd think

It's 3-6pm Chicago time. He's got some pretty strong opinions for ESPN. I find it a refreshing option to B&B or W&S.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/

• 1 month later...

i cannot reiterate enough how much i hate John Feinsteins sports minutes on the score. I really like Boomer Esiason, Jim Rome, I can tolerate Brandon Tierney and Tiki Barber, but I just cant stand Feinstein

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 19, 2016 -> 11:33 AM)
i cannot reiterate enough how much i hate John Feinsteins sports minutes on the score. I really like Boomer Esiason, Jim Rome, I can tolerate Brandon Tierney and Tiki Barber, but I just cant stand Feinstein

Personally I can do without all of them. For one I think its a dumb bit to even try to make part of regular broadcasting. It just doesnt work and not to mention you are putting these pudwacks in the position to be really clever and creative in a short amount of time.