Sports Media discussion

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 19, 2016 -> 04:17 PM)
I have never found any of those sports minutes interesting. They are all the epitome of old, meatball sports takes, and even the stories they choose are always the most milquetoast rick reilley subjects.

They provided some good material for Abbatacola's sports minutes several years ago, but the real ones have always been hot garbage.

I am on my plan period at work and I usually have 670 on the radio. There is a Cubs game on today so I flipped over to Kaplan's show. Their topic today is : If you are a Cubs fan and were promised to go to the World Series but you'd lose to the White Sox, would you take that deal? Is this show always s*** like this? It's just dopes calling in saying they'd rather not go to the world series then. Everyone keeps referencing how the teams are rivals. Yikes.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 4, 2016 -> 01:14 PM)
I am on my plan period at work and I usually have 670 on the radio. There is a Cubs game on today so I flipped over to Kaplan's show. Their topic today is : If you are a Cubs fan and were promised to go to the World Series but you'd lose to the White Sox, would you take that deal? Is this show always s*** like this? It's just dopes calling in saying they'd rather not go to the world series then. Everyone keeps referencing how the teams are rivals. Yikes.

Every chance he gets, Kaplan does a "If you could......Would you....?" Usually on Sportstalk live, it is ridiculous embarrassing trades and the rest of the panel destroy him for it

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 29, 2016 -> 10:40 PM)
Bruce Wolf, who I didn't even know was still around, is about to be gone for good.

I don't listen to his show, but unless there's more to it than this transcript I'm not sure he should be gone.

It reads like he was being baited into something by someone who appears to have a longer-standing agenda against him.

Again, I don't know anything about either of them beyond the transcript. Maybe something was said prior to this that upset her.

http://www.robertfeder.com/2014/11/18/talk...-at-it-on-race/

QUOTE (The Critic @ May 4, 2016 -> 11:35 AM)
I don't listen to his show, but unless there's more to it than this transcript I'm not sure he should be gone.

It reads like he was being baited into something by someone who appears to have a longer-standing agenda against him.

Again, I don't know anything about either of them beyond the transcript. Maybe something was said prior to this that upset her.

http://www.robertfeder.com/2014/11/18/talk...-at-it-on-race/

Yeah...I know nothing about any of them but the transcript doesn't tell me he should get fired.

QUOTE (The Critic @ May 4, 2016 -> 03:31 PM)
Oh, OK, got it. I Googled it and that's what came up. That tweet was awful, and like most Wolfisms, not the least bit humorous.

Wolf thinks he is a stand up comedian with no boundaries like Jim Norton or Andrew Dice Clay but I am not even sure they would make a joke like that. He must of been drunk to not know how that tweet would go over.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 26, 2016 -> 11:28 AM)
http://jezebel.com/i-hope-you-get-raped-ag...sten-1773096108

Julie DiCaro and Sarah Spain have mean tweets read to them by some guys who weren't aware of what they were going to read

Sarah Spain was on NPR this morning with some commentary on the video, audio available at the link:

http://www.npr.org/2016/05/05/476844444/vi...have-become-the

Heard the dumbest comment on Mully and Hanley today when they were interviewing Ozzie. I think it was Mully that said that even playoff games at the Cell don't take on a playoff-like atmosphere. The Sox fan base does stink during the season, but they definitely show up in the postseason and create a great atmosphere.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 5, 2016 -> 08:23 AM)
Heard the dumbest comment on Mully and Hanley today when they were interviewing Ozzie. I think it was Mully that said that even playoff games at the Cell don't take on a playoff-like atmosphere. The Sox fan base does stink during the season, but they definitely show up in the postseason and create a great atmosphere.

You are correct.

That place is jumping when they get over 27,000 in it.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 5, 2016 -> 06:38 AM)
Was Sarah Spain a reporter before her Craigslist date stunt or was that the way she got her foot in the door of reporting?

She did like youtube videos or something in California. The ebay Super Bowl auction definitely got her jobs though cuz she's not very interesting or original on the air.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 5, 2016 -> 09:01 AM)
She did like youtube videos or something in California. The ebay Super Bowl auction definitely got her jobs though cuz she's not very interesting or original on the air.

I just can't help but think how that looks to a young aspiring female sports journalist. This top ESPNW reporter got her big break from that eBay auction, kind of a catch 22 with all of the women's issues she fights for.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 5, 2016 -> 08:23 AM)

Even something like the blackout game was insane.