Sports Media discussion

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 5, 2016 -> 07:07 AM)
I just can't help but think how that looks to a young aspiring female sports journalist. This top ESPNW reporter got her big break from that eBay auction, kind of a catch 22 with all of the women's issues she fights for.

It's probably one of the reasons I don't take her seriously. I'm pretty sure it's one the reasons she got one of her jobs.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 5, 2016 -> 08:38 AM)
Was Sarah Spain a reporter before her Craigslist date stunt or was that the way she got her foot in the door of reporting?

There are 2 giant reasons why she got into the business.

QUOTE (knightni @ May 5, 2016 -> 07:08 AM)
Bruce Wolf, Rich Koz, and Dan Bernstein are the same guy.

Prove me wrong. ;)

I think you're right! The only difference is the character. One blames the democrats for everything another blames republicans for everything and all three just do whatever they can to get attention.

I couldn't ever see Dan Bernstein making a mean-spirited Freddie Gray joke like that though. When he gets called out for being insensitive and/or racist it's usually because he was being patronizing or belittling someone when he shouldn't be.

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 5, 2016 -> 12:09 PM)
I couldn't ever see Dan Bernstein making a mean-spirited Freddie Gray joke like that though. When he gets called out for being insensitive and/or racist it's usually because he was being patronizing or belittling someone when he shouldn't be.

His insensitive comments are usually reserved for women only.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 5, 2016 -> 01:11 PM)
His insensitive comments are usually reserved for women only.

And that. He spends a lot of time taking the side of women usually, but then he will say some dumb s*** he had no business saying.

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 5, 2016 -> 12:17 PM)
And that. He spends a lot of time taking the side of women usually, but then he will say some dumb s*** he had no business saying.

He talks a big PC game, but every once in a while he let's his inner-sexist slip out. It has happened more than once, but...

Dan Bernstein

‎@dan_bernstein

@MattSpiegel670 I have no rooting interest in her work, but enjoy her giant boobs.

9:41 PM - 25 Mar 2015

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 5, 2016 -> 12:44 PM)
He talks a big PC game, but every once in a while he let's his inner-sexist slip out. It has happened more than once, but...

Dan Bernstein

‎@dan_bernstein

@MattSpiegel670 I have no rooting interest in her work, but enjoy her giant boobs.

I hear rumbles his producer Matt Abbatacola has gotten himself into some trouble. Caught sleeping around with a former Blackhawks ice girl and wrecking two marriages. Sad!

QUOTE (lord chas @ May 5, 2016 -> 08:52 PM)
I hear rumbles his producer Matt Abbatacola has gotten himself into some trouble. Caught sleeping around with a former Blackhawks ice girl and wrecking two marriages. Sad!

Not sure that qualifies as "getting yourself in trouble".

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 5, 2016 -> 12:44 PM)

Dan Bernstein

‎@dan_bernstein

I said something similar to one of my buddies about that CSN reporter a few days prior to this happening. I'd definitely never tweet it though and I'm not semi-famous. CSN has done a decent job lately though. Siera Santos has a pretty nice rack too.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 9, 2016 -> 11:57 AM)
http://deadspin.com/we-have-found-it-the-p...born-1775539534

awwww Mike North, I would say I miss you but then i would be lying

LOL that is magical right there. I cant believe I am saying this but that is bad even for Mike North's standards. They cant really believe those takes and they are just trying to get SOMEONE to pay attention to them but good lord that is embarrassing.

Mendoza is just a straight up baseball/softball junkie. she is just absorbed into the sport, there isnt much else besides baseball/softball, so it just comes off as she has very little personality

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ May 9, 2016 -> 11:51 PM)
1st place Sox win in extra innings with a Grand Slam (not a walk-off, I know), and on ESPN Chicago, 18 of the first 21 baseball stories/videos feature the 1st place Cubs - who were rained out. I guess that's a fairly even split.

I can't believe people still would ever consider using ESPN Chicago as a resource.

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ May 9, 2016 -> 11:51 PM)
1st place Sox win in extra innings with a Grand Slam (not a walk-off, I know), and on ESPN Chicago, 18 of the first 21 baseball stories/videos feature the 1st place Cubs - who were rained out. I guess that's a fairly even split.

They don't even have a White Sox beat writer.

QUOTE (knightni @ May 10, 2016 -> 06:08 AM)
With The Score turning Cubs, ESPN Chicago is about the only non-Cubs connected station left.

I listen to The Score interviews podcast, and at least they seem to make an effort to bring on some Sox guests. I'm sure the main body of the shows is mostly Cubs talk, though.

I used to listen to ESPN 1000, and they didn't even try. They had Doug Padilla following the Sox, and Jesse Rogers following the Cubs. Rogers had to be on ten times more frequently than Padilla. Now they don't have anyone following the Sox at all.

Keep in mind, I live out of town, so I have to go somewhere for Chicago-centric sports news, and SoxTalk is my first stop.