Sports Media discussion

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Jul 14, 2016 -> 03:41 PM)
Bernstein had Anthony Lubrano (not sure of his exact affiliation, but he's a Penn State "Paterno-Phile") on 7/12. It's really a good example of what I don't like about Bernstein. He basically ambushes Lubrano and won't let him speak because he's not in full lock step with Bernstein. I'm not defending Lubrano's stance - I really don't know anything about him. However, if a guest has the courtesy to call, he should at least be allowed to speak.

Bernstein does the same thing with callers. It mystifies me why anybody still calls that show. A couple years ago, McNeil dressed him down over something, and he had to sit there and take it.

Boers and Bernstein both do some fantastic commentary, but IMO, they both jumped the shark with their obsession with Jerry Sandusky.

QUOTE (shipps @ Aug 18, 2016 -> 11:24 AM)
So what is up with Spiegel and his divorce from his wife. Apparently this has been a long time coming and people have known about it but it seemed like he just got married a couple years ago. I am confused.

Spiegs split with The Biscuit? I know he got divorced from his first wife in the early days of Mac and Spiegs (7-8 years ago).

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 22, 2016 -> 10:35 AM)
I want to say either hip or knee replacement. I dont remember it being something life threatening

I thought he didn't give a reason, even to his colleagues. I wouldnt think he would be so hush hush for something like a hip or knee replacement but I could be wrong.

QUOTE (shipps @ Aug 22, 2016 -> 03:27 PM)
I thought he didn't give a reason, even to his colleagues. I wouldnt think he would be so hush hush for something like a hip or knee replacement but I could be wrong.

I'm guessing that he had complications.

Maybe even heart bypass surgery.

QUOTE (shipps @ Aug 22, 2016 -> 02:27 PM)

I think it is ironic when guys who dig into people's personal lives for a living absolutely hide stuff about themselves to keep it from the general public.

My dad had a hell of a knee replacement fail the first time. You are putting something foreign in your body and a lot can still go wrong even in "routine" surgery. May be dealing with infection or more pain than what he tried to fix. Eventually my dad re-replaced it and is much better.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Aug 23, 2016 -> 02:00 PM)
Knee replacement doesn't make sense for him to be off air though. Boers has the DSN line connected in his home and does many B&B shows from his house. He could just continue doing this if it wasn't something more serious?

I agree, I found it strange as well when he said that was what was going on.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Aug 23, 2016 -> 02:00 PM)
Knee replacement doesn't make sense for him to be off air though. Boers has the DSN line connected in his home and does many B&B shows from his house. He could just continue doing this if it wasn't something more serious?

I haven't had a knee replacement, but I can imagine the recovery could be pretty painful for someone in their 60s.

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Aug 25, 2016 -> 07:47 AM)
I haven't had a knee replacement, but I can imagine the recovery could be pretty painful for someone in their 60s.

Oh absolutely. My grandma had it. My father has had it. It's rough. But you could sit and do a radio show when you already have a DSN line in your house on a normal basis anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (Kalapse @ Sep 15, 2016 -> 05:38 PM)
Terry Boers was on with Abbatacola today and sounded pretty rough. I missed part of the conversation so I'm not sure if they actually said what's wrong with him? He mentioned "treatments" and "pain management" a few times but that's all I got.

Ya he sounded pretty bad and acknowledged that. He said he'd be back in about a month and thought his voice would be back to normal.

They didn't say it, but it sounded like cancer treatments to me.

• 4 weeks later...

I am glad he is going to come back soon. He gets annoying at times when he feeds into the Bernstein whining and unnecessary argumentative behavior but he still loves his work and seems to genuinely appreciate his radio experience. I respect that about him.

Yeah I heard Lebatard inadvertently mention the Mike & Mike changes. I guess they are hoping to pull from some of their depth to help some of their other programming?

I will be interested to see what they do with Golic. I'd be interested if they replaced Greenie with Bomani Jones or Russillo. I feel like Kanell is just weighing RR down.